Take off timing

On a real airliner take of time from powering full throttle to being air born usually takes about 55 seconds depending on the airplane load but usually it’s never less than 50 seconds , on IF I have noticed that you can be airborne in less than 10 seconds from the moment you power full throttle, details like this must be fixed

1 Like

Takeoffs in the real world never take 55 seconds, go watch some YouTube videos and you can see.

9 Likes

might i add aircraft irl almost never use full throttles.

10 Likes

it’s like 20 seconds and they’re usually airborne, any longer going at the speed they do, they’d be off the average length of runway so like 10,000 feet give or take

Planes in real life do not usually do 100% thrust for take off. Where as in infinite flight people will go to 100% and instantly pull up.

12 Likes

Aircraft as far as I now normally don’t exceed 85-90% engine power to keep the N1 below 100%, since that would cause damage to the engines. Takeoff roll doesn’t last nearly a minute, probably closer to 25-35 seconds.

3 Likes

Reminder N1 should never be above 100% on takeoff, it should usually be 85-95% if i am wrong i’ll remove this comment:)

4 Likes

You’re right. It depends on the aircraft but I always try and keep mine between 84 and 87%

1 Like

the heavier you are the higher you’ll want to go, but shouldn’t go past 95% N1 as IRL going full throttle you’d more then likely damage the engines after awhile

1 Like

Airbus 380 take off velocity or v1 is 280km/h
To reach the v1 speed Airbus 380 need 78 seconds.

If it takes an A388 78 seconds to reach 280 KPH with its four massive engines. Then that plane would be out of commission. The A388 needs about 40 seconds give or take:)

3 Likes

I have never calculate it myself but I just watched a full video on YouTube where a senior Capitan gives an explanation about it , but also I am sure no airliner takes off in 10 seconds as you could on IF , and I always keep my power below 95% , the point is that IF fixes this details.

1 Like

That’s because IF the engines give instant power, the engines don’t have to spoll up thus taking like 5-10 seconds off roll time.

PS: Further discussion can be help in my PM as this is drifting off topic:)

I have noticed this and all my takeoffs in infinite flight average around 25 seconds from when full thrust is applied until rotation however I have timed a takeoff of a 737 taking off from STN and their takeoff was like 40 seconds. When I try to imitate this in our sim the amount of N1 needed is about 79/80% on the ground this if fine but after rotation, when you are trying to accelerate the plane looses speed even at 1000 F/M. I conclude that the engines in Infinite Flight are a little on the powerful side and this could be corrected in the future.

1 Like

Yes between 40 to 42 seconds , on infinite flight you can take off half the time applying 95% of the power. TO me infinite flight just need to work on these stuff.

1 Like

Even more fun, you can stop a 748 in about 100 feet. Love watching that from the tower while I pry my palm from my forehead.

8 Likes

That’s what happens when you apply the breaks as soon as you touch down and do full reverse, not the proper way

True that, when we flew to Denver, we were airborne in 30 seconds

55 seconds takeoff, 100ft B748 landings… How much headwind are we talkin here?

I usually keep myself around 80% throttle, especially on the 777 where exactly 80% throttle in IF gives you 91% n1 which is proper takeoff thrust for the 777. This doesn’t deviate much from plane to plane either, so that’s why I use 80% as a rule of thumb cause it almost never puts me at or above 100% n1.

What I do think needs fixing is that on AP as soon as you want to accelerate, the AP firewalls it at 100% throttle until you reach that speed. Not sure if it does the same irl but I doubt it cause the n1 almost always exceeds 115%. Bye bye engines.

2 Likes