Take off from from KSAN at sunset

Hello everyone! This is a few take offs pictures and in-flight pictures I took yesterday from a short flight I preformed. As seen in the first picture ATC at KSAN on the tower frequency instructed a FedEx plane and a Delta plane (me, delta 197) to line up at the same time, ofc one after another. To be clear ATC made sure we took off with a difference of around 1 min. The other pictures were after take off and during flight as I heading to KLAX. The last two pictures are from passenger view (left and right wing) on one you see a plane holding short of runway as I land and the other you see an airforce jet take off. Ofc we can’t miss the west cost sunset as well!

Flight plan was made departing from KSAN (San Diego) heading/approaching to KLAX (Los Angels) Max altitude reached for this flight was 14,000 feet and max speed for the flight was 265 knots. Landing at KLAX on ILS approach on runway 25L. Flight total time was 35 mins. Aircraft used was a Boeing 787. Enjoy the pictures!

8 Likes

Great screenshots! As someone who enjoys photography in the real world I guess I should try some of these myself - once I figure out the best way to clear the screen of overlays and controls etc!

4 Likes

I take it this was training? Because that really shouldn’t happen… 😂

1 Like

Thank you! For screen shots you can either turn off all the display on the general settings of the simulator including airport names and so on or you can go watch a replay of your flight and take screen shots on the lil Camara icon you’ll find at the bottom of the screen

1 Like

Yeah I forgot to mention the server, my bad. But yes it is on training. I don’t think lining up at the same runway one after another is proper either which it seemed to me strange when ATC instructed to do so but I’m guessing who ever was on ATC did it because KSAN was very busy and there is only one runway technically. Anyway we had enough space from one another and take off had a good timing in between so we were safe from danger lol I decided to screen shot and upload because I personally think it was a cool shot and also because most likely I won’t ever experience the same again haha. Cheers!

1 Like

Oh, ya, it’s an awesome picture, I was just curious, since that’s not exactly proper, so I figured training since they did try to space you and what not…

1 Like

I mean I don’t think its against any rule but I still don’t think is the most proper lol

First picture threw me off… lol

1 Like

nice pictures…

1 Like