Tailwinds Flying Club "Flying Farther Together” [Operations Terminated] Thanks for the Run! We will be back one day!

Hello TFC Pilots, and staff,

Today I come to you with saddening news about TFC. Me and the Team at TFC have decided it would be best for us to close our doors. Due to a severe drop in popularity and participation from Pilots we think it would be best for us to end our time here. Some of you may ask, when will the slack be closed? Or What about our callsign? For your callsigns, you can go back to using your callsign of your choice from before you joined TFC. For the slack, we will keep it open indefinitely for reasons. On this sad Evening/Night/Morning/Day I want to thank each and every one in TFC for the good times over the past 7 months of existence.

This is Daniel14 Signing off,
Over and Out

@DeerCrusher you may close this now

EDIT: @schyllberg did

18 Likes

Sad to see this go. Good luck in the future

3 Likes

Being one of the founding members of TFC, this is certainly sad to see, even long after my departure. I wish all existing staff luck in their next forays.

-@Joseph_Krol

4 Likes

Wha, Why!!! This is terrible! It had a special place in my heart, and refuse to see it go!

3 Likes

It was very hard for us to say goodbye especially me. Don’t worry your not alone in this. Our Slack will remain open forever so we can still communicate with eachother since we are all Buddies now

4 Likes

So the event that we had a few hours ago, was the very last one?

2 Likes

The very last one for TFC

2 Likes

When did y’all make this decision?

1 Like

We did a quite a few hours ago

1 Like

Why didn’t you guys just let us take a pole or something of the sort, let us vote if we wanted to close or not!

2 Likes

We had an internal poll in a Staff PM and we decided it would be good to close our doors. But don’t worry the slack will remain since we are buddies all of us

1 Like

Actually sad to see this go. Even though Tailwinds wasn’t really a part of my life, it’s left it’s mark on the IFC as one of the most well known VAs there were. I used to see events, and 90% of the ones I saw were from TFC 😂😂

Good luck in your future endeavours, maybe someday this VA will come back

5 Likes

Sad to see you guys go. Guys really seemed like a good VA. and like @MisterButler said above. I’d be great to see it come back.

5 Likes

Stop making me cry with the nice comments 😭

7 Likes

Sad to see this VA go. It was my first VA I joined and welcomed me as I was starting out. Rest In Peace Tailwinds Flying Club.

As a staff member it is sad to see this VA go after what we put into it. I will always remember this.

6 Likes

Never got the time to join, but super saddened by the loss of a great VA, and a true legend amount the VA community, TFC will be greatly missed by the whole community, great run boys, sad to no longer see you all in the sky’s of IF as TFC, good bie TFC…😔

4 Likes

As one of the founders of Tailwinds, it is saddening to see it go. We were proud to host events here on the IFC, and glad that you all enjoyed our presence here.

I am personally proud to have been involved in this Virtual Organization from the start to the end and I am proud to be friends with the other founders and members as well. We had a good run and I take pride in that.

4 Likes

Maby @DeerCrusher wolnt close this and we will get peoples respects to a great organization, but either way a sad day for the community…

2 Likes

I can only imagine how the creators feel right now, I was never really involved with this organization in any significant way, and I am sad over here, R.I.P. TFC

3 Likes

Well people are making me and other staff members cry

5 Likes