TAF removed with recent hotfix?

This is a small issue, but one that has been bugging me for a while. It appears that TAFs do not appear on the weather panel for any airport, but METARs do. Is this because of the change in weather data provider? TAFs aren’t as necessary as METARs, but they are nice.

1 Like

I believe the new weather service FDS uses for weather information doesn’t support TAF. Just my guess

2 Likes

If you’re on iOS, you could check out my app ‘IFATC Helper’. It’s an assistant app for Infinite Flight that you can use for your flight planning, and gives you METAR, TAF, ability to query airport information (things like available runways, equipment, wind conditions and crosswind calculator, local and GMT times etc). I made it originally with controllers in mind but I use it for flying probably more than controlling these days :)

You can use that until TAF becomes available in IF again

1 Like

Yeah, I have your app already. It’s great :)

1 Like

Ah awesome :) glad to hear you like it.

Not sure what data source IF ended up using but TAF reports will come back eventually, I would imagine. May just not have been a priority as many are only getting their heads around the METAR format now

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.