Device: IPad Air, purchased May 2018
Model; MD 785LL/A
Software: 12.4.7
Stettings: General: Sensitivity, Low
Live: All, Low
Grafics:: All, Low
A time-alisind,Off
FrameRsate: On
Flight On-Line: Immediate Server Disconnect on Start.
Solo: Perfect performance… All System Go, API, All Green, Nav/AP, AOK, ILS/NavAids Tracking.
Replay, drop first attempt. 2d Attempt perfectly.

MaxSends

Which server is it you’re losing? Live?

@Z-Tube… Read the newly posted guidance
Your behind the curve.
G’Day, Max.

3 Likes

I’m never behind the curve, but a server disconnect it not the same as an app crash ;)

4 Likes

@schyllberg, Live only… Your disconnect is my drop. (“Curve” in context addressed by our mini-mod interloper, Just Following yr guidance@schyllberg)
Max

I was confused too and I asked what the exact issue was since it seemed a little unclear…

But then my post was deleted :(

1 Like

@Maxmustang - to the best of your ability, follow the steps below.
Server disconnects are different.

Reboot your device

This should always be the first step to resolve any issue. Sometimes the server issue is temporary so waiting a short period of time and/or rebooting may help.

Switch between network types (WIFI/Cellular)

If you are on wifi, try cellular if you can. If you are on cellular, try a wifi connection and see if it is any different.

Try a different network

For troubleshooting, try a different network and see if the results are different.

Toggle airplane mode

– Shut down IF
– Go into airplane mode on your device for 40-60 seconds
– Turn airplane mode off. This causes your device to reconnect to your network and solves the problem for some.

VPN or Proxy

Ensure you are not on a VPN network or behind a proxy. These will often block the necessary UDP ports for a successful connection to the live server.

Reset device network settings

iOS

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before.

Android
From the Home screen, navigate: Apps icon Apps icon > Settings > Backup and reset
Tap Reset network settings.
Tap RESET SETTINGS.
If applicable, enter the PIN, password, fingerprint or pattern then tap RESET SETTINGS again to confirm.

Update wifi DNS settings

In some cases you may need to update your devices DNS settings on wifi to use google’s DNS.

iOS
Here’s how to change your iPhone’s DNS servers:

• From the iPhone’s home screen, tap Settings.
  • Tap Wi-Fi. The available wireless networks in range of your iPhone appear, as shown below.
  • Find your wireless network in the list, and then click the arrow.
  • Tap the DNS field.
  • Delete the current DNS servers, and enter the new DNS servers. (If you enter more than one DNS server, be sure sure to separate the servers with commas.)
  • To use Google DNS, enter 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
  • Re-launch IF

Android

• Open the Settings on the device.
  • Select “Wi-Fi”.
  • Long press your current network, then select “Modify network”.
  • Mark “Show advanced options” check box.
  • Change “IP settings” to “Static”
  • Change DNS1 to 8.8.8.8
  • Change DNS2 to 8.8.4.4
  • Press “Save” button, disconnect from the network, and reconnect for changes to take effect.

The DNS can only be changed while on WIFI.

Please make sure you try all the listed steps as described above.

Thank you!

3 Likes

@schyllberg… Pls provide FDS “Terms of Service”
for IF by PM. Thanks in advance.
Max

2 Likes

@schyllberg.l Per your Guidance, I will Try Procedure Noted yr previous post and advise.

(FYI I’m not a Techeee. I don’t know the appropriate term utilized in the geek world,
All I know is I lost service on 20.1 intro/download.
The balls in yr court. I expect timely Staff updates on the status of Hot Fix 2.) Day 9 and waiting as my landing count drops dramatically daily by yr algorithm auto daily decrement…
OUT, Max

1 Like

Connectivity is fine on our end and have been for several days. No server outages have been noted. So ball’s on your end in this case :)

But always available for any resistance required.

Noted. Based on yr lasted observation Will have diagnostics/ compatibility on 20.1.1 HotFix run at the App Store Genius Bar ASAP on my IPAD Air. Will Advise.

Max

2 Likes

Is your internet poor using other stuff on your iPad, @Maxmustang?

@Trio… My local WIFI recently speed tested meets or exceeds spec’s. Comcast is provider & subscribe their equip & service w/o interruption 10+ yr. Comcast validate our community link tests on spec. Additionally have whole house repeaters.

Awaiting appt for Apple Genius Bar Spec Test my 2 yr old IPad Air. My Pad has operated flawlessly since purchase 2 yrs ago, w/multiple App’s running in background. Now run IF clean & settings as suggested,

Had 1 recent flight of 10 min on live server w/o crash in remote SWFla region, Solo Flights flawless. Firsts blush, Pad overloaded/crash when in high traffic regions.

(Am Considering purchase IPad Pro 14in, WIFI Highest capacity, Decision time based on Apple Geniuses analysis. My Pad v IF APP loadings.)

Thanks for the interest. Continuing to wait & see.

Warm Regards, Max

Sureeeeeee, Comcast can be quite poor from my experience. I’ve had an outage twice a day for the past two weeks or more in my area, sometimes it lasts the entire day during business hours. Shuts off every day between 8:00 and 9:30 AM and slow as heck, had to upgrade my AT&T plan to use cellular more. Due to COIVD it seems there’s more strain on the overall system so maybe that’s possibly why this is happening to you, but I’ll let you troubleshoot. Just wanted to throw that out there.

1 Like

@Trio… No intent to show preference for Comcast. However, my gated community has latest fiberoptic underground backbone and is only a few miles from area Sat downlink repeater.
Hurricanes do Effect telecoms due to FPL power outages but do not effect Comcast WIFI/cell service due to network sep local generated power source. Based on history & periodic speed test my opinion WiFi not source of continual crashes,
Again thanks for yr personal interest.
Respectfully, Max

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.