Sydney to Adelaide flight in the middle of the night

Was just having a casual look at FR24 and I found this. How is this possible, both these airports have curfews (both airports 6am earliest flight). Does anyone know what this is and why there flying in the middle of the night?

4 Likes

That is very strange because - as you stated - those airports have the 6:00am earliest flight…

1 Like

I believe the times on FR24 are in UTC/ZULU which would explain it.

1 Like

Seems not

1 Like

That is very odd?

1 Like

Probably a charter that obtained permission from airport authorities to fly at those times. They have all the airspace to play with, so I can’t imagine noise being too much of an issue.

1 Like

This could be Qantas Freight operating under Qantas. They usually fly late at night/early in the morning.

2 Likes

What kind of plane is it?

The 737F or 767F.

1 Like

Qantas still operate the 767F?

3 Likes

Very likely just freight flights. The ‘Toll’ freight flights (and others) in the 737 and Bae 146 (I think they are from memory) land after curfew every night.

The curfew at Sydney doesn’t restrict freight flights in certain aircraft under certain weights. Certain landing configurations allow arrivals and departures too.

There is a few international arrivals that can land prior to 6am on weekdays too, as long as the weather allows arrivals onto 34L (only flying over the single suburb of Kurnell then final prriach over the waters of Botany Bay).

3 Likes

Early flights seel well

Yes, they still operate one.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.