Sydney is the best airport in the world, change my mind

Bros really gotta learn to use spellcheck.

I know haha, SYD is still a solid airport!

1 Like

💯

1 Like

Every time I drive into the airport it looks different than the time before, and the parking changes along with the roads. Which SYD version are you referring to? Recently I had to re-navigate my habitual path from the carpark to the Qantas domestic terminal.

Not that it’s that hard. But it’s a constantly evolving airport, and every time I head there, something unexpectedly changes.

btw, love your photos!

1 Like

True, things are changing both landside and airside. Bays 30, 32 and 34 have all been ripped up and are being worked on. There’s also work going on near the 120s

So to answer, i don’t know haha 😂 there’s too many versions

1 Like

Half of the versions are the best in the world. But at least you didn’t have @Declan challenge you with Melbourne, so we know SYD is the best in Aus:)

2 Likes

Until Melbourne actually has a reliable link to the city (like a train) and not a bus that costs $20+ each way, it’s out of consideration.

What i’m most excited for though is how this new airport out West will impact the flight paths for SYD, if at all.

3 Likes

Abolutely no need to change minds here! Amazing stuff as always, Alex! 😍

2 Likes

The government has some preliminary flight path design details in the link below, on how the flow is supposed to fit into Sydney’s busy airspace:
Western Sydney International Airport - Nancy-Bird Walton (wsiflightpaths.gov.au)

An example map from the above:

1 Like

not enough orbital thrust? oranges? ohares? ohanas?!

1 Like

Looks like those inbounds will somewhat mimick the current ones for SYD, especially for the East. MARLN5 v2.0

1 Like

Thanks Adam 👍🏼

Orbital thrust, I like it

I think there were 6 of those diagrams, and it was over my head without more detailed reading. There was landing direction, day, night, and then a special traffic flow mode based on some fine print I didn’t comprehend yet.

But anyway, this is a one-day actual density map they showed for SYD, which was kind of interesting:

This is surprisingly useful

1 Like

Yeah no, if were talking about the best airport in the world you gotta go with the classic Hawthorne Municipal 😏

1 Like

Dubai is the best. ( My opinion, have your own! ). We have every single jet imaginable and most long haul airlines fly here. Emirates and their A380s are constant!

I agree Sydney is the best in Australia do you live in australia because I do Brisbane airport is okay too

1 Like

Yep i’m in sydney

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.