SXM (Sint Maarten Airport) Spotting

SXM Spotting

(Sint Maarten International Airport)

So today I was on a cruise and we stopped at Sint Maarten so it was time for some spotting at SXM. It was not that crowded but lots of people spotting.

Camera:

• My Phone Samsung 9
  • Samsung Camera

SXM Airport Day Details:
September 11th
Metar: TNCM 111500Z 12010KT 100V180 9999 FEW019 30/23 Q1015 A2998 NOSIG

Now to the Pictures:

737-800 Copa Airlines from PTY

Conviasa E190 from CUR

FedEX Cessena Caravan from SJU

JetBlue A320 from JFK

Delta Air Lines 737-700 from ATL

An ATR 72-600

I had a super fun day at Maho Beach with all the planes coming in

Things to watch out when spotting at SXM

1. Dont stand behind the fence or on the wall when planes are landing or taking off. Today a pilot decided to be a bad word and come off the glide slope and get super low. He almost hit a guy and he hit the fence a little on purpose because he comes in there so much probaly laughing until some gets hit. No pic
  1. Theres a stage that’s probaly the best spot to take pictures at a Bar.
  1. Dont be stupid behind a 757
50 Likes

Nice spotting there!

2 Likes

Great Photos, in a Great Place. Although the last picture is an ATR42-600 for LIAT Airlines. ;)

4 Likes

Wow dude awesome pics!

4 Likes

Nice to see the beach is back after the hurricane a while ago.

7 Likes

Probably the most famous Spotting location of all! Looks like you had fun!

3 Likes

Thanks Guys! All these pictures were off of my Samsung S9 phone which I think is incredible quality

3 Likes

Dang I wish my iPhone 6S had this kind of quality! These look like they could’ve came off a DSLR or something. Amazing!

3 Likes

Yea, I was thinking about putting some edits into the pictures but it’s a full send type of thing.😂

4 Likes

I love that Island! I visit every year and always have a good time around the airport. Hoping that we see KLM B747 Seasonal and the return of TUI B788 and some other A330s in the near future.

5 Likes

Yea! I was hoping that Delta 757,AirFrance A330,KLM 330 and Air France A320 would come back to SXM soon. Great spotting place I think maybe the best

3 Likes

Hurricane is coming back this week.

2 Likes

There has to be a story behind this? Please do tell! Haha

4 Likes

Great to see SXM back in business! Lovin’ dat stubby Delta 737 lol.

3 Likes

No pictures, then no believers😂😂

6 Likes

I struggle to believe that, that’s a huge flight safety risk that a pilot would hit the fence “on purpose” for a joke.

7 Likes

Fantastic photos! I especially love the last one.

2 Likes

Great job! I like the jetBlue

2 Likes

@George_Flack @Mags885

My mom use to fly the 757 in their with Delta and they always would power up with almsot 90% with brakes on at the end of the runway and they would just see people start flying.

It was a small twin prop that you could clearly saw come off the glide slope as he was incredible low and he just about hit a bus,person, and it looked like he just tipped the fence. We all knew it was on purpose because he would never be that low

2 Likes

Still…pictures or no believers! 😂

3 Likes