SWISS International Air Lines Boeing 777-300ER - People's Plane (HB-JNA)

SWISS International Air Lines Boeing 777-300ER - People’s Plane (HB-JNA)

Source

About SWISS International Air Lines

Swiss International Air Lines, commonly referred to as Swiss, is the national airline of Switzerland, operating scheduled services in Europe and to North America, South America, Africa and Asia. Zurich Airport is its hub, along with Geneva Airport as a focus city. The airline was formed following the bankruptcy of Swissair in 2002, Switzerland’s then flag carrier. The new airline was built around what had been Swissair’s regional subsidiary, Crossair. Swiss retains Crossair’s IATA code LX Swissair. It assumed Swissair’s old ICAOcode of SWR (Crossair’s was CRX), to maintain international traffic rights. It is a member of Star Alliance and a subsidiary of the Lufthansa Group. Its headquarters are at EuroAirport Basel Mulhouse Freiburg near Basel, Switzerland, and an office at Zurich Airport in Kloten, Switzerland. The company’s registered office is in Basel.

About the Boeing 777

The Boeing 777 (Triple Seven) is a long-range twin engine widebody jet that is developed by Boeing Commercial Airplanes. It is the largest twin-jet in the world and has a normal seating capacity of 314-396 people. It’s range is around 5,240-8,555 nautical miles. Its distinguishing features include the massive turbofan engines, long raked wings, six wheels on each main landing gear, fully circular fuselage cross-section, and a blade-shaped tail cone. The 777 was designed to replace the older long-haul airlines such as the 747 and 767. It was the first commercial aircraft to be designed completely with computer-aided designs. There are currently 4 variants of the 777: the -200ER, -200LR, -300ER, and -200F. The aircraft can be equipped either with General Electric GE-90s, Rolls Royce Trent 800s, or Pratt & Whitney PW4000 engines. The 777-200LR holds the record of the longest flight ever, flying from Hong Kong to London across the Pacific and the USA in 22 hours and 42 minutes.

My Thoughts And Opinions On this Aircraft

After the 777 won the vote for Infinite Flight’s next aircraft to be included in the next update, I realized that the amount of feature requests skyrocketed. Therefore, I did not hesitate to make a request for this beautiful livery, which features several of SWISS’s employees. It would be amazing if this livery is implemented when the 777 is reworked. So why not cast a vote and show your support?

Resources

About SWISS International Air Lines
About the Boeing 777

That’s an interesting livery! I have indeed seen this once in Zurich. 👍

3 Likes

What do y’all think of this aircraft?

It might be challenging to add this plane to Infinite Flight because of licensing issues. After all, those are real people painted on this livery.

But don’t get me wrong, it is a fantastic livery. And in my very objective opinion that is absolutely impartial, everything of SWISS deserves to be in Infinite Flight.

2 Likes