Surprise visit to 737-800NG simulator

As you all can see today is my birthday today. My dad said that we will go to a market and buy some clothes as he doesn’t know what I like or dont like. So we hit the roads and we went to Schiphol-east. I had no idea why we went to schiphol-east (because training simulators etc were located there). So we arrived at the old controltower of schiphol and I got an idea where we went. Firstable I got some basic information about aerodynamics etc but I knew all of that. Then we went to the simulator. First I took of from schiphol runway 36C. Then I flew a bit to get used of the yoke. Then I turned 180 degrees to fly back and land at 18C. The landing was nice if you consider that it was my first landing in a real simulator. Then I did two landings in Istanbul. One with calm winds and fully visual. Then the second time I landed at dens fog.(it was like 20m). image
This was the first time I landed with flight directors. This landing wasn’t good, I landed on the left side of the runway. Then my final landing was at kai tak. I did this with the unique approach. This was one of my greatest landings both in IF and the simulator. (Sorry my dad didn’t film it sideways).

36 Likes

That’s amazing! Happy Birthday, and I’m glad you had a great time!

5 Likes

Are you in the Captain or FO seat? Btw, Happy birthday! Even though I’ve been in areal 737-800 Cockpit for a full flight, I would still pick this over it. Great landing, btw.

2 Likes

That’s clearly the captains seat.

2 Likes

Captain seat and my younger brother was in the FO seat.

Just wondering, because I saw another kid in the F.O seat.

2 Likes

Happy Birthday! I bet it was a blast!

1 Like

Happy birthday! That’s really lucky! Would love to go in one one day

1 Like

I really recommend it!!

1 Like

Happy Birthday! Ive been dying to try one of those!

1 Like

I’ve been in one! They’re awesome aren’t they!

2 Likes

Wow, that must have been really fun! I really want to visit one someday…

1 Like

It was stunning! I really enjoyed it

1 Like

I would never forget going there! Hope you had fun, happy birthday!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.