Support our IFATC

Probably some people have seen my posts thanking the moderators, owners, recruiters, developers, etc. I am going to deviate from that and give a ginormous shoutout to all the advanced IFATC! Every time I am on the advanced server I absolutely thoroughly enjoy flying under the wisdom of our trained ATC. Whoever thought up the tests to weed out those incapable of ATC are a genius!
Just being given the “Turn heading 030, descend and maintain 3000” gives me goosebumps. Why? Because this is how it is in real life!! I am such a huge aviation enthusiast if you haven’t figured that out by now haha!!
Lately I have been seeing a lot of negativity going into the controllers, bashing them for ghosting etc. pilots listen to me now…those controllers 9/10 times are correct in why they did what they did!! So sit back and enjoy your flight time under these well trained and worthy individuals.
Now my thank you rant is over I wanted to let IFATC Jaydon who was working Aprroach at KAIK! The dude did phenomally!!! SO THANK YOU FOR THE ATC!!! :)

• I support my IFATC!!! Good job guys 😅✈️
  • I’m not sure
  • I disagree with a lot of stuff they say and don’t really believe many are worth it

0 voters

Guys what a tribute it could be if we reached 1.0 k views for this thread thanking our IFATC and 100 votes! We have hundreds of members on this community but even 100 people firm in their dedication (or I hope lol) to their IFATC would be awesome!!! I know I am rehashing this and yes it’s been a long time. But this could be the communities way of thanking our hard working ATC
#❤️🛫❤️

50 Likes

Phenomal* and he was working IFATC yesterday

2 Likes

With the praise rant you are giving i would have thought this was your first time on the advanced server

4 Likes

I have been on advanced ATC for about a month…I have been ghosted twice for ignorance of rules. I well understand the frustration that can arise with ATC but I also know they are usually right and I as a pilot can’t see everything like they can. Thanks for responding to my thread man but let’s keep the negativity out! Those ATC deal with it enough 😅

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

And how many times have we as pilots been wrong? I’m not going to hide that I have made many mistakes. That 1/10 may be a lot and I agree that for ghosting that is wrong the controllers should be dealt with and demoted (which they are if you listen to the podcast and read up in forums etc)

2 Likes

3 Likes

I won’t comment on that I’m sorry but I do agree that they should be demoted from ATC. If one of the ATC recruiters or moderators gets into it and sees you have been ghosted wrongly they will restate your advanced session…which you should also know :)

2 Likes

IFATC Controllers are held accountable for their actions when controlling and when they are not controlling. If a controller has wrongfully ghosted a pilot, the ghosting is reversed after being investigated and controllers have been demoted as well as removed from IFATC for not adhering to policies that are in place.

A lot of people do not seem to understand what our controllers go through on a daily basis. Our controllers strive to provide the best possible experience on the Advanced Server and we ask them to also be leaders within our community. If we see this not happening, we address it with the controller and they are demoted/removed pending a retest.

Do controllers make mistakes? Yes, as we all do and all of that is taken into account. Thank you for your shoutout to our IFATC Members. They work hard everyday and get bashed more than they should. Pilots should also accept responsibility for their own actions and be accountable for what they do wrong as it is expected of the IFATC Controllers.

Thanks

29 Likes

Have you ever made a mistake? If so by your standards that’s one mistake too many. You see where I’m going here? That standard isn’t reasonable. Everyone as human has made a mistake, and when controllers get stressed they too make mistakes.

3 Likes

1 Like

Do you have any examples to support your assumption that the IFATC controllers are ghosting others “for fun”?

9 Likes

1 Like

I side with Mark (btw Mark it is a huge honor to have you on my thread…I listen to the podcast so I know all about you 😂)
ATC controllers are humans and when an airport is busy they very well just might make a few mistakes. But we as pilots make tons of mistakes. So I think the focus should not be on the punishment of the ATC for making a few mistakes here and there…but how we can say THANK YOU that they put up with pilots who make many mistakes!!!
#THANKYOUIFATC

10 Likes

I’m estimating around 80% of adv. controllers have never recieved a complaint. Why should we get ghosted for 5x as long if we are in the wrong? The mods reverse the ghosts immediately.

Just because you’ve seen some ‘big bad sherrif’ acting controllers it doesn’t mean we are all like that… We don’t enjoy ghosting pilots.

5 Likes

It is also easy to assume that the people that complain the most about ATC are the ones that are the ones that dont like to follow the rules. Just sayin.

13 Likes

1 Like

Well put CJ and I’m assuming you are an IFATC so thank you sir for putting up with bad pilots like myself haha it is truly an honor to fly under you and your fellow compadres when I make my flights!

2 Likes

Practice makes perfect, learn from previous mistakes and I’m sure you’ll be great in no time :)

2 Likes

Will do! Safe controlling and be sure…when I fly I fly to perfect my career and give you guys…the least headache possible 😜

2 Likes