Support category for guests

What if we made a support category that guest’s can post in? So they don’t need to join to ask 1 simple question? Would it be technically possible? Cause post of our users join only to ask 1 question and get the answer, then they leave? Since they never wanted to join why not make make it so that they don’t need to join all they need to do is hook up their email so they are notified when their question is answered, if they want to join they can join but if all they want to do is ask 1 siple question about a problem, why not make it so they don’t need to join.

2 Likes

And then we would have more trouble to deal with…

Random people will just post trolling threads

7 Likes

More trouble…

So I suspect that we plan on adding more moderators or even Regulars should have the power to close topics and give warning

This is a good idea. Would be very helpful for those who don’t want to stay here long but want an issue resolved. As for the trolling part, perhaps a 30 day trial could be run to see if the mods think it’s too big of a workload?

1 Like

There’s no issue with users creating accounts to ask questions. That’s actually the point:)

3 Likes

I say that every new user mandatorily have to read the Community Guidelines. My opinion, maybe your idea it’s not so bad, but trolling and spam it’s a huge problem and new users can be a little bit stubborn.

1 Like

Even less like 2 days would be better. I just don’t think some people want to make an account

What’s wrong with making an account?

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

Well like some people want to ask a simple question then leave and forget that this even happened, I just think it may work better for people that just want to fly to just have like a 2 day trial

1 Like

3 Likes

Yup, and request features without creating an account too :)

2 Likes

Yea but not all the people in IF know about some problems we have. But some do, maybe we should make the feedback thing public? So anyone can join to answer questions.

1 Like

1 Like

That’s not possible without making it way more complicated than t needs to be…

It’s my opinion. Not saying it should be like that, anyway no one would read it.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s possible on any Discourse forum to create topics without a valid, verified account

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.