Supersonic Speeds

Way too often I see a lot of other people going like 800 knots while cruising with like 777s and 787s and other commercial aircraft. I have no idea how this is possible and like I am so confused. Am I missing out on something?

1 Like

Maybe rocket boosters?

11 Likes

Your seeing their ground speed they also probably have an extremely strong tail wind to be at 800 knots ground speed as well.

3 Likes

Or rocket boosters?

7 Likes

No. Just, no.

@tinytinnytin It could also depend on the user. Some users don’t know how to properly cruise, and will force their aircraft to the fastest possible speed. This, in combination with winds like Qantas mentioned, could cause a ground speed of 800 (although I find that highly unlikely).

10 Likes

But I check and they’re like right beside me and I’m at like 37 knots wind

2 Likes

But what about rocket boosters?
Ok I’ll stop

9 Likes

What server are you on?

3 Likes

Please do. It’s not funny or helpful to the OP.

7 Likes

Lol I would add that in features but not yet a rank lol. Also it would be pretty dumb

1 Like

Casual lol

1 Like

Ok sorry thought it would be funny. Don’t have to be rude

2 Likes

Well there’s your problem

1 Like

Most people who stumble upon this flight sim without knowing about this forum or any kind of flight procedures would probably end up pushing their aircraft into overspeed with a tailwind, let’s just hope they’re on casual.

2 Likes

That explains it. Users on casual will dive full speed towards the earth, causing an extremely high GS.

1 Like

I’m cruising over Iraq rn but like half an hour ago someone copied my fpl and like was doing 700 in a Qatar 772f

Trying to go to the moon

“Rocket boosters” don’t exist in the sim, and we shouldn’t get off topic, either.

2 Likes

There’s someone over Pakistan in an a380 that’s doing like 700

On casual.