Super Strong Winds

Pilots, if you want strong winds, you can spawn in MNPC. That is one of the closest airports to Hurricane Iota, a category 5 hurricane happening right now.

I might turn this topic to a tracking thread soon, but we don’t have much time, as the hurrican is fast approaching Nicaragua, which will cause drastic wind speed reduction.

4 Likes

Thanks for that. I will test it out using touch and go

1 Like

Wait the weather in IF is based off live weather? Lmao

Yes, it is indeed.

1 Like

I have tested out the airport, winds are strong but not as strong as I thought it would be. On ground is 17 knots winds. Only 17 knots winds on final so wasn’t too impressed!
My approach to EIDW earlier today was much more severe

1 Like

Yes, why would it not be based on real life?

1 Like

@tjb0709 the hurricane’s location is this one and the airport is in Puerto Cabezas. So this is as close as you can get right now

1 Like

Also, the gusts and turbulence are giant

1 Like

So it’s coming to the direction of the airport. Tbf, I only tested the vinicity of the airport. I see the time of arrival - the eye of hurricane!! I will spawn later this evening to test out & go a bit further afield. Thanks GBKarp

1 Like

Just to warn anyone, there’s no parking space. So you start on the runway when you spawn in. That’s right, ready for take off!!! But runway is a good length ~8000m

1 Like

IT’S XCUB TIME!

4 Likes

Cause its a game?

1 Like

50 knot winds in an XCub

1 Like

100 knots in an XCub.

1 Like

Is this an XCub or a hovercraft?

1 Like

Simulator: A visual reference to something possible in the real world.

That’s how realistic IF is, from aircraft to the globe, even the weather is accurate to what we see everyday!

I’m currently getting 67kts up here at 139,000ft. Around 40-50 surface level to FL020.

1 Like

Time to go into orbit.

2 Likes

@Canadian_Aviator is also just maintaining 142,000 somehow haha

2 Likes

entering Max Q

2 Likes

Blasting through earth’s crust with avengeance!!!