Super Spring Spotting @KORD

Hello and welcome to another spotting topic from the beautiful Windy City. This was a quick dash and go to the airport right after work, and I think the weather and the views all came together perfectly

Starting blue, this was a Southwest 737-700 taxiing and then waiting for 20 minutes for a gate

Next down the road was this American 737-800, which probably did not have to wait 20 minutes for a gate because the AA ramp controllers are quite competent people

Turkish currently sends two 777-300ER’s a day to Chicago, and in this case, it was the afternoon arrival which I photographed

A United 737 MAX 9 inbound from a city outside of Chicago. What city that was, I can’t remember

This Western Global 747-400f was taxiing out to 09C for departure. After a 20 minute taxi, they departed heading for Japan

And the crown jewel of the spotting adventure, this Finnair A350-900, which Finnair sent just today because the rest of their flights for the summer will be A330-300s

Thank you for viewing my topic, for which the title took 15 minutes to think of

43 Likes

Personally I like “ExtraORDinary Spotting”

2 Likes

You sent that after I thought up of “Super Spring Spotting” and I didn’t want to change. I’m saving that for later tho

That’ll be $5

2 Likes

Never copyrighted it afaik

1 Like

See that’s where they get ya

1 Like

Chicago o’ Chicago

1 Like

dang, that’s pretty crazy

2 Likes

Crazy good shots. Being Chicagoan, I think of ORD as Rosemont and see it in the Entertainment District, but whenever I see a good one especially facing the city, it reminds me that it’s closer to Chicago than I think.

The max is also pretty damn hot, thanks for that reminder aswell.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that’s actually a Max 9

1 Like

N37530 is a Max 9, yes.

1 Like

People who can tell Max 8s and Max 9s apart scare me

3 Likes

As big of a city as it is, Chicago seems like such a small city, and especially the northwest side. Everything is close around here

Looks like I need to do my homework before posting

1 Like

“I’m something of a max fanboy myself”

Well 20 minutes on the ground is always just so fun! At John Wayne I’ve seen a couple SWA just sit on the ramp right next to the gates for a little over half an hour after landing.

Anyways, nice pictures! The Finnair with the skyline is awesome

1 Like

Over the summer, Etihad always got the worst of waits because they always went to a hard stand for a couple hours. There were times they waited 1:30 for a gate

1 Like

Love the lighting on these. That Western Global brings back memories for me (well, 2019 but still).

Great job!

1 Like

sweet pics, when we’re these taken? I may have found the original destination for the United MAX

1 Like

I took these from epic hill at O’Hare airport in Chicago

The origin was Cancun, but I couldn’t remember it at the time of posting

1 Like

Great shots as always Marcel!

1 Like