Super Amoled Screen

Hello IFC

I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy A50 and it has a Super Amoled screen. I heard that IF leaves burn marks on the screen if you dont move the camera for a long time. How can i prevent that from happening?

2 Likes

Turn off all the hud status bar, etc, and then put it in scenic camera. That’s only needed on long flights, screens are getting better at resisting this, so on sort, and even the low end of some medium flights it probably isn’t needed, but I don’t have information on you’re device…

3 Likes

Turn graphics to lowest, sound to lowest, and as said above go into scenic view.

2 Likes

I have a Samsung Galaxy A40. Over 650 hours of flying on my device, most of it long haul. I’ve not experienced any burn marks on my phone since it has a screensaver that automatically darkens the screen after 10 minutes.

4 Likes

Along with that others have suggested, you can turn down your brightness also to not “excite” the pixels so much on your screen. @Ecoops123 refered to the auto screensaver you can use, this can be found if you go to “Game Tools” then to “Advanced Game Features” and it will be called “Auto Screen Lock”. You can also turn it on manually with the little icon of the hand pressing on a padlock. I wish I knew this earlier as you can now see the IF Camera symbol along with the ATC menu symbol embedded into my Note 8, but it’s not too bad.

This is not needed. The screen burn in on a device has nothing to do with the graphics quality and sound, but instead due to the screen type, design, and how you use it.

Adding onto here @Matei27, I have this device, but a grade slightly lower. If you have any further questions feel free to take it to a PM. As far as I’m currently concerned, I think we have answered your question. Just re-capping I have flown 650 hours on my phone, some being 10+ hours, on the same screen and it’s been super responsive with no burn afterwards. :)

2 Likes

Well it technically is.

Higher screen graphics means higher screan and CPU processing. If the graphics are on high, Then the device will have to be running a quicker pace, thus overheating.

While sound may not be needed, I don’t think you’d like to be hearing the sound of engines while you sleep.

1 Like

How does screen burn have anything to do with your phone overheating? Screen burn in is a term is used to describe a display that’s suffering from permanent discoloration across any part of the panel. The cause of all screen burn in is the varying lifecycle of a display’s light-producing components. As these parts age, their brightness changes, and therefore the panels color reproduction gradually shifts with time. If a screen displays a similar image over long periods of time, those pixles will degrade faster, in the case of IF this is the HUD, menu icons, buttons, etc. Therefore the subpixels in these areas see different amounts of use and thus age differently, eventually resulting in a slight variation in color reproduction.

3 Likes

@AlphaSeven, screen-burn in is where the screen is in the same scene for a long time. If you’re on the same screen at high brightness on an Amoled screen, it causes burn in on the display, and most of the time isn’t fixable. Basically it’s where even if you exit the app, you see a faint image of, for example, the Infinite Flight status bar might faintly be on your screen. The main solution for me is to have on “Scenic” mode so the screen is always moving, and turn off the status bar at the bottom during long hauls with the brightness down to decrease the chances of burn-in on a device.

1 Like

Trust in Samsung, their screens are the best in the world, it may take YEARS for that to happen…

(I currently play on the S10+)

3 Likes

is the s10+ worth for if

2 Likes

Oh yeah, try telling that to my S8

1 Like

I mean now 😂

Very worth it

This isn’t true really. It doesn’t matter how good the screen is, all panels are susceptible to screen burn in. Whilst it’s not as common on LCD screens as it is on P-OLED, OLED, AMOLED or Super AMOLED screens, it can still happen to any kind of display. My old Pixel 2XL had burn in on the navigation bar after a month because I kept my phone at full brightness, and the damage is irreparable.

Everyone has already covered it, but in a nutshell, just keep your brightness at a minimum and turn off the hud. You don’t really need to worry about a moving camera, or even the status bar that much, AMOLED screens can go incredibly dark, and anything lower than 20% brightness would need to be in the same spot for days at a time to even begin burn in.
But with my second Pixel 2xl, I’ve not had any screen burn in at all whilst flying. Just avoid a bright patch in the same place for extended periods of time 😉

Don’t think we need anyone else to add on. It’s all been covered

4 Likes

Graphics to lowest and sounds to lowest will do jack nothing to help. They dont pertain to screen burn. A stationary image (primarily blue light at high intensity) for long durations will cause screen burn.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.