Sunrise to Sunset

This weekend I wanted to do a long haul from South America and I was looking at all the possible options and it turns out what I ended up doing wasn’t even a “possible option” according to all the websites I looked at to find a route. I instead just randomly found it by clicking on a plane on FR24 and when I saw the route it was flying I knew I wanted to fly it too.

The route in question is from Buenos Aérés to Zürich, operated with SWISS B777-300ER. Normally this route is operated with Edelweiss A340, but it seems that flight is canceled because of (I won’t say it because we’re all so fed up with hearing about it). From what I found this flight is being operated as a repatriation flight for Swiss citizens who may be stuck in Argentina and want to get home.
Anyway it was a really nice flight with many sights along the way including both a sunrise and sunset. Flight time was 12 hours and 31 minutes.

Nighttime departure from Buenos Aérés’ Ministro Pistarini Ezeiza International Airport.

As we climb out towards the north we get a great view of the massiveness of Argentina’s 🇦🇷 capital!

Brasilia, capital of Brazil 🇧🇷

The sun rises as we approach the Atlantic Ocean!

Hello Cape Verde 🇨🇻!

The Canary Islands, Spain 🇪🇸

Lisbon, Portugal 🇵🇹

The sun sets with the Pyrenees in the background as we fly over France 🇫🇷!

Beginning our descent with the Alps right next to us 😍!

Short final into a well-illuminated Zürich Airport!

Welp, this concludes this post! I hope you have enjoyed and see you again soon!

Happy Holidays!🎄

18 Likes

Love the sunset!

1 Like

wow. those are absolutely gorgeous pics! keep up the good work :)

Absolutely incredible shots!

Extraordinary View over the Pyrenees!