SunCountry Starting Flights to KSNA

SunCountry Adding SNA - MSP, DFW

SunCountry has announced new service to John Wayne/Orange County Int’l Airport (KSNA) with flights to Minneapolis/St. Paul (KMSP) and Dallas/Fort Worth (KDFW).

The new service to MSP is set to start on May 6th 2021 along with DFW on the same day. Since the Pandemic, new ULCCs have started service at SNA including Spirit, soon to be Allegiant, and now SunCountry.

SunCountry Route Map Source

These two routes are currently operated by Delta (MSP) and American (DFW) and are both monopolies out of Orange County. Spirit Airlines has also chosen to operate already-served routes, with Allegiant adding mainly new routes at SNA instead of going after current routes.

Will the new competition lead to lowered prices for the Mainline carriers, or will SunCountry be unable to catch up with the monopolized routes? Only time will tell, but the expansion of new airlines at SNA this past year seems to show some sort of recovery during these difficult times for the airline industry.

Articles:

MSP Route:

DFW Route:

13 Likes

It will be interesting to see SunCountry at DFW. @Altaria55 are you going to spot it’s fist arrival into DFW?

2 Likes

Perhaps.

2 Likes

@Thunderbolt has entered the chat

4 Likes

No he has not, yet.

2 Likes

I have entered the chat…nice addition for SNA. Tide Pod One can finally experience the joys of SNA.

3 Likes

Is that what you guys call it…? I’m so concerned

2 Likes

Tide Pod One? What’s the link between washing machine detergent and aviation 😂?

1 Like

Tide Pod One, available on N860AM and N861AM.

Source: Sun Country's Current Liveries

2 Likes

I’m so confused. Is this like a joke that I don’t understand because I’m not a US local?

1 Like

The livery…it looks like a Tide Pod…

Ooooooh I get it now. In that case I’m hoping for their planes to be spotless!

1 Like

What is that

Great addition for Suncountry anyway

1 Like

The magical professor Google gave me this - it’s a laundry detergent.

6 Likes

Hmm… this is nice. Like @Thunderblob said, can’t wait to spot some Tide Pods!

1 Like

Interesting addition. Surprised at the routes.

1 Like

Still no KGRR🤔

1 Like

I’m just glad an airline will have a direct flight without charging $350+ for economy!
I’m looking at you Delta

I would like to try these routes!!!

1 Like

They also have announced IND and CVG as well

2 Likes