Sun Country DC-10

Hello Infinite Flight Community,
I find that the McDonnell-Douglas DC-10 is a vital plane in aviation history, both in the United States and around the world. A key player in the American ultra low cost carrier (ULCC) market, Sun Country Airlines, actually got their start with a DC-10.

Image Credit

File:McDonnell Douglas DC-10-10, Sun Country Airlines AN0199460.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

IATA: SY ICAO: SCX Callsign: SUN COUNTRY

Sun Country Airlines had 6 McDonell Douglas DC-10s, spanning a period from the years 1986-2001, slowly fazed out and replaced by Boeing 727s and later, Boeing 737s. They acquired the DC-10s from various carriers, mostly through wet leases from Mexicano, Scanair, and Taino Airways. This vacation-oriented airline, based at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport, used these brightly colored planes on high demand tourist routes like Minneapolis-Las Vegas, Minneapolis-Fort Lauderdale, and Minneapolis- San Diego.

With the Sun Country DC-10 in our fleet, we could use this plane form throwback flyouts, increase the route potential, and improve Infinite Flight’s Sun Country fleet beyond the 737.

If you want to see this on a device near you, VOTE!

Further Reading

Beautiful livery! We definitely need more liveries for the DC-10 in my opinion!

Unfortunately I’m all out of votes but you have my support!

1 Like

Thanks, @Thomas_Cunningham!

1 Like

Woah I didn’t even know they had the DC-10! This is an amazing livery

Yes! I agree!

This will ABSOLUTLEY get my vote!! Such a Beautiful livery

Thanks @United403! I agree!

Yes we need this livery!

1 Like

Thank you @captaincat!

A Sun Country DC-10! What’s next, a Southwest Airbus A300?

1 Like

No, a Frontier 747SP.

1 Like

Beautiful bird ! I love it !

1 Like

Topic bump!

1 Like

Topic bump!

1 Like

Topic bump!

I can get on board with this. I know they’re not used anymore but I think it would be awesome to see this and the Sun Country 727! Voted ✅

1 Like

Thank you so much for your vote! I agree!

1 Like

Topic bump!

Topic bump! There are tons of potential uses for this plane! Did you know that, at one point, Sun Country flew nonstop from Minneapolis to London with their DC-10? The route lasted 8 weeks, and ended due to low passenger loads.

1 Like

Topic bump!