Sun Country Announces 12 New Routes From Minneapolis, Madison, and Dallas/Fort Worth

Sun Country has announced 12 new routes and four new destinations!

From Minneapolis:

• Bozeman (BZN)
  • Portland, Maine (PWM)
  • Baltimore (BWI)
  • Cleveland (CLE)

From Madison:

• Seattle (SEA)
  • Portland, OR (PDX)
  • Nashville (BNA)
  • Boston (BOS)
  • Newark (EWR)

From Dallas/Fort Worth:

• Los Cabos (SJD)
  • Puerto Vallarta (PVD)
  • Costa Rica (LIR)

This is Sun Country’s updated Route Map:

https://www.suncountry.com/route-map

What do you think of these new destinations?

9 Likes

hehe hopefully KJAX

@Kjax_tv

1 Like

Bigg happy. Gonna win them trips. On Minnesota’s quirky little airline.

@Hopperbolic got a new route to your airport!

From the perspective of a Minnesotan, I don’t really care because sun country is becoming more and more like allegiant, I’d rather see them not poison other markets.

1 Like

I knew it. God forbid my own airline starts a new route 😒

YESSS. Finally SAT. Literally Sun County advertised everywhere about there airline in San Antonio and they are just now starting flying there

Maybe San Jose or Oakland will be the next destination? Sun Country has already begun flights to San Francisco and even flies to Hawaii from there now, so maybe another Bay Area destination is coming soon…?

Oakland would probably make more sense because it’s more of a low-cost airport with airlines like Spirit and Norwegian (although they’re moving their operations to San Francisco) flying there, so Sun Country would fit in nicely.

San Jose on the other hand, is the 2nd busiest airport in the Bay Area with over 14 million passengers flown or connected through in 2018. The airport also has Delta flying there from Minneapolis, which means there will be lots of competition.

1 Like

I am anxious to know where they will fly! :D

Not official but Sun Country seems to have loaded a few routes.

MSP to Mankato
MSP to Duluth

Gulfport to Asheville

MSP to Portland, Maine.

Oh. Jk to MSP to Duluth/Mankato…

These are Bus services.

They should fly to Raleigh

I sure wouldn’t mind to see them down here, new flights are always nice here, but delta has that route pretty locked down, and if competitors means we risk losing the 717 we get from MSP, then no thanks.

Are there any known contenders?

1 Like

So, Sun Country has announced the new routes:

I wish them them the best of luck on these routes! 😃

2 Likes

Awww, I kinda got excited that they would come to RIC, as they’ve had like 4 charter flights to RIC in the past 3 days.

Charter flights to an airport doesn’t mean they will start service

It’d be cool if they start RIC (maybe contact them about it 😂)

Haha, I know. There was just a sudden influx of charter flights from them in the past week. Thought it could mean something. 😳

Why not MHT 😔

Nice to see Cleveland get some new service. Maybe I can connect through MSP to get to CLE, but that’s basically backtracking haha

So so happy for this! MSP is one of Bozeman’s top destinations and now Delta finally has some competition for it.

1 Like

Ooh, hopefully they fly the good livery here 😍

In addition to the four new routes from Minneapolis, they’ve added 9 other routes from Madison and Dallas/Fort Worth:

From Madison:

• Seattle (SEA)
  • Portland, OR (PDX)
  • Nashville (BNA)
  • Boston (BOS)
  • Newark (EWR)

From Dallas/Fort Worth:

• Los Cabos (SJD)
  • Puerto Vallarta (PVD)
  • Costa Rica (LIR)