Sukhoi Superjet 100

All other topics have been closed other than one that has no content whatsoever

The Sukhoi Superjet 100 is a small, Russian short haul jet that is a rival of the Bombardier C-Series. It is a cheaper alternative that has a lower operating cost and a lower asking price, which begs they question: why aren’t more airlines buying it? The reason is most likely foreign relations with Russia and the fact that it is a Russian plane. However, many of its parts are made by “Western” companies such as Liebherr and Honeywell. The only “Western” operators, though, are Comlux, CityJet, InterJet, and Comlux.
Superjet operators:

• Aeroflot
  • Gazpromavia
  • Yakutia
  • Interjet
  • Comlux
  • Rosoboronexport
  • Russian Ministry of Emergency Situations
  • Royal Thai Air Force
  • Russian Presidential Administration
  • Kazakhstan Border Patrol
  • Yamal Airlines
  • CityJet
  • IrAero
  • Rossiya (ordered)
  • Azimuth
  • Sky Aviation (defunct)
  • Aviotech (lease)
  • Tajik Air (lease)
  • Sky Greenland (lease)
  • Aseman Airlines (lease)
  • Aero Mongolia (lease)
  • Brussels Airlines (lease)

Do you think more airlines should order the Sukhoi Superjet? Don’t forget to vote for this aircraft!
Source

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/7970212

It’s interesting that we have already livery requests on the forum but you’re almost the first one to post the real aircraft request:)

Not sure about this one. I think Boeing, Airbus, Embraer and Bombardier successfully lead the market at the moment. + It’s russian. Not being racist but sanctions… you know:)

3 Likes

I love it, a russian airliner would be great to have.

3 Likes

Yeah, sadly there are no Russian planes currently in IF.

The big reason for there not being many operators is just because it’s Russian. I doubt the airlines themselves are bothered, but the passengers wouldn’t really like being on a Russian aircraft. This is why Aeroflot uses theirs mostly on internal flights or to CIS states.

2 Likes

It looks like if you took an ERJ and gave it weirdly proportioned A330 engines…

1 Like

The Russian Government heavily subsidizes airline companies in Russia to buy them; with few exceptions it’s primarily an Eastern Europe exculsive.

As stated before the constant easing and increasing sanctions make it difficult when it comes to sales and parts. Confidence in past performance and realibilty has some concerns.

You might see future sales in Asia but as far as the west is concerned another aircraft company would probably have to be licensed to build in Europe or North America.

1 Like

I like the looks of the plane. If they added this I would fly it a lot I think.

1 Like

Can you add Sky Aviation to the list of operators, even though they went bankrupt?

2 Likes

Its reliability is actually pretty good, as far as dispatch reliability goes (over 98-99%, which few planes can brag about). For a new plane that’s fresh out of development, it’s had some teething problems which are expected, but comparatively it looks very favourably. It’s a good investment especially for startups, - the biggest issue facing Sukhoi Civil Aviation division is post-sales support, simply because they haven’t got the network yet, but even that’s been improving - having to develop for international markets has taught them a lot of lessons and they learned quickly. The political environment is an issue as well, but then you also have MC-21 which is the ‘second step’ of new indigenous development, and which will help with revamping industries for engines, avionics and so on, so long-term that has the opportunity to redress this balance.

Internationally, I think the reason it hasn’t had huge popularity is mainly because the industry has a wait-and-see approach. Between Boeing, Airbus and Embraer (and Bombardier to a lesser extent) the market has several established players that have a certain assurance level on quality and support. Russian aviation industry has been in turmoil and only in the last ten years started to reestablish itself, - so I understand the scepticism. On the other hand, CityJet, Brussels, Finnair (I know that they’re leased from CityJet for B and F, but I’m referring to operators here) and Interjet aren’t something to sneeze at. People that have flown on it in Europe (as per some interviews and reports I read in the Western press) gave it very favourable reviews as well. So if it proves itself there for a few years, it could have a bright future. Remember, even the 747 may not have even made it at one point right at the beginning. The CFM-56 engine almost didn’t make it, and now it’s one of the most successful engines in the world, if not THE most successful - so time will tell, really.

Now, as far as IF goes - personally, I would absolutely love to have a plane from my homeland featured. It’s suitable for a very large number of airfields, - not that we have a shortage of places where the heavies can go now, of course, - but things like single-aisle FNF events for example can have a nice little boost. If the flight model is done right, it should be a nimble, performant little jet and I bet it’d be a ton of fun to fly. Especially the ‘sabrelet’ version that can get into London City airport :)

7 Likes

Great comment!
I agree with you, this aircraft would be great to have. We need at least one Russian airliner.

2 Likes

There’s really no need. It’s bankrupt and it’s gone 🤷‍♂️

I just really like their livery so yeah

1 Like

Yeah- and I think this is the best one (currently)

2 Likes

I especially hope they’ll add the SkyTeam livery if this ever gets added.

1 Like

OMG! I love the SSJ-100, I hope some day will be in IF :)

1 Like

It’s a nice Russian airliner. Perhaps my favorite.

1 Like

An Irish airline called Cityjet ordered some Of these planes and I doubt the airlines owned by a Russian. 👨‍✈️

Whit interjet livery please

1 Like

That’s s nice one:

4 Likes