Suggestions for buying/selling a Viper SD4

Hello, I am hoping someone can provide insight/recommendation on the best sales platforms for individuals looking to buy or sell GA aircraft (either in person or online). The VP of the brokerage firm I work for owns a Viper SD4 single engine airplane and yesterday he asked me for advice on the best place to list/market his plane for sale. He’s in his late 80’s (and I imagine he’s not fully aware of the latest trends in online marketing, etc. for these sorts of things) so I offered to go on a fact finding mission. I have no experience in this department, aside from being a huge aviation enthusiast with great IF skills :-) (kidding), I don’t own a plane nor have I ever been in the market for one. So, any advice or input on this matter would be greatly appreciated!

**TO CLARIFY, I’m not intending to sell the plane here. Simply asking for recommendations and/or reviews on good sites where he can list it. I’ve found AeroTrader.com, Aircraft Shopper Online.com, and Controller.com from a simple Google search but if anyone has RW experience I appreciate the insight.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best,
Omar

2 Likes

I don’t think you should ask something like this on a flight sim community…

1 Like

@Brandon_Sandstrom @N1DG @N1RG are the PPL holders i can remember. They might know?..

This is maybe a post for the lounge when you reach TL3. Other than that, try eBay, the IFC really isn’t the place for selling planes… Most 15 year olds can barely afford live!

2 Likes

Thanks! To clarify, I’m not trying to sell the plane here. I’m asking if anyone can recommend or has experience with a website like eBay, Aero Trader, Aircraft Shipper Online, etc.

I guess that’s @LouDons point. Alot of people can barely afford live cus they are so young, so they wouldn’t have experience with any those programs

1 Like

I can probably help you out. I would recommend posting it on Controller or even Aerotrader as you mentioned.

Those are two of the most well known aircraft advertising companies globally.

Trade-A-Plane is also a good option.

Some people use EBay to sell aircraft but personally I wouldn’t recommend it.

Yeah I am. What’s up

Excellent! Thanks for your input. I’ll go with those three options then.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.