Suggestion: Runway Instructions Command

I was wondering - is it possible for ATC to have a command “attention all aircraft, please only request runways X and X” or something to actually let people know which runways are in use?

Sometimes it’s hard a step people keep spawning next to the closed runway and repeatedly request those even after being told to go to the other end where others are queued up.

1 Like

Hey @Benjamin_91

The ATIS will show which runways to go to if you are on the Expert Server. Which is now enforced by ghosting. Unfortunately if you are on TS1 you will have to go off of what the controller tells you.

Hope that answered it

4 Likes

I believe there should be a command for TS1 saying "runways “X” are in use for “landing / Take off”. I try to tell people to use certain runways when i’m atc but they just land on the wrong one and don’t care… I hope they do that on expert so they learn their lesson…

2 Likes

Yeah unfortunately they haven’t opened up ATIS to TS1 yet but you can request for it

Yes once you become a Grade 3 and on Expert you dont see anyone really landing on wrong runways and if you become IFATC you can become an Expert Controller where people listen to you or 👻

1 Like

Even if you had that as a command it would not make a difference. The aircraft going to the closed end and taking off in the direction of the wind clearly does not give a hoot and will do as they please whatever you tell them

2 Likes

I mean, I do think a “mini ATIS” would Be handy in TS1, but correct, once you’re grade 3+ you can go to Expert server.

2 Likes

Yeah. Look I know TS is not expert. I don’t think we should be able to ghost and stuff there but I think some people really do wanna listen and learn there. It would be good if we good at least hide non-compliant aircraft off the radar or something

1 Like

Well its hard to really do that as you would have to hand pick thousands of people and watch them fly… but you will get good controllers on TS1 sometimes but if you feel as a controller if everyones not listening but one person is then you know that the one person is there to listen and fly realitsicly and there glad you are giving good control for them

2 Likes

That’s true. Nothing I love more than when I literally have only 3-4 plans in my grid and every single one is listening and I say thank you and they do also at the end of the interaction.

1 Like

Another option, if possible, is to allow training ATC to gain more command controls once they have a higher rate of operations. I’m not talking about ATIS or ghosting. Maybe just the ability to tell pilots to follow instructions, check help pages or that a runway is closed. I don’t think any of these commands are options for ATC on TS (they use to be).

1 Like

ATIS will give you that information. You should always listen to ATIS before contacting ground.

2 Likes

There’s no ATIS on Training Server

1 Like

The training server is where pilots and controllers go to learn and practice so patience is required when dealing with instructions.