Suggestion for IFATC

good morning everyone. yesterday I made a flight with departure from SKBO and destination to SKRG the active track at the time was 13 R and L, taking into account this situation after takeoff you must leave with vectors on the right or left because in front of the airport there is a large hill of monserrate name and you can not make direct departures. ATIS information indicated direct exit and in the same way you could not make a turn until it exceeds 11000 thousand feet that is totally absurd so I invite you to take a look at the airport cards to control since if you precoat as is will be penalized for not following the instructions … thanks

6 Likes

Hello! If you have complaints about a controller, please PM them.

1 Like

it’s not a complaint it’s just a suggestion or opinion

1 Like

Okay. Then maybe you can give it to the controller. I believe you can find their usernames in the replay menu, but I’m not sure.

1 Like

Controller’s name is stated in the screenshot. It’s @Nadjib_Idohou.

5 Likes

ok thank you guys I know there are very good IFATC but sometimes there are certain doubts and many of them lie in the lack of knowing the airport cards

12 Likes

Just to clarify straight out departures only means that when there is parallel departure or a conflict when you would turn into a direction that you are not allowed to turn then. If you are departing „lonely“ then you are allowed to turn so you can turn away from the terrain. But I agree it shouldn’t be used when there is direct terrain.

5 Likes

Be sure you take into account the airport altitude. The airport altitude is 8360’, straight out until 11k is only 3k. It just looks crazy on paper.

4 Likes

May I ask what aircraft you were flying in? I was not your controller, but I did control at SKBO yesterday and used both 13 L/R and 31 L/R and I did not see any aircraft having any issues getting over terrain upon taking off from 13 L/R.

I’m asking your aircraft type because maybe you were in a GA aircraft that cannot gain altitude quickly, or if you were in a commercial plane, maybe you were very heavy, causing you to have difficulty with gaining altitude in the early stages of flight.

As for the ATIS, remember that you must obey ATC commands, including ATIS. However, the final word on the safety of the aircraft and the passengers rests with the pilot. Therefore, if you see that your aircraft cannot climb above a hill directly beyond the runway, you can take reasonable action to avoid a collision. This does not mean you can make a 90 degree turn, but it does mean that you can swerve a little to aim for a low-point on the hill. Of course, be mindful of other traffic. For example, if you depart 13L, swerve to the left, not right; that way, you do not get too close to traffic that may be departing from 13R. The same applies to 13R, swerve right, not left. I highly doubt you’d get a violation or ghosting in such scenario, but if you did get one, you could submit the reply to admins for review and explain your actions and, assuming your actions were reasonable, they may remove the violation or ghosting.

4 Likes

Straight out shouldn’t have been on, it’s a good suggestion.

21 Likes

the issue is that this procedure in real life is not done that way you should always turn right or left for that reason the recommendation to check airport cards thanks for your opinion

1 Like

Closing as we are getting to the point of repeating. We are aware of the procedures and will ensure ATC is aware.

6 Likes