I’m not expecting this to become a record vote-getter. It’s not a new plane, livery or insert popular feature request here _________.
What I would like to do is make some small suggestions to enhance the current replay menu.
This is what the menu looks like today (picture for reference):
What I would like to see incorporated into the replay menu are…
1. The ability to sort by something other than date. For example, if I wanted to look at one of my longer flights, I could sort by ‘Duration’ or by ‘File Size.’ I also feel if I’m looking for a replay history of flights I’ve started at particular airports, the ability to sort by ‘Details’ would be helpful.
2. About the details column. I believe it could be helpful with my latter point if the ‘details’ column was separated into two columns. One being ‘departure’ the other being ‘arrival.’ With an added sort feature for these columns, it would be even easier to find replays from a particular airport.
3. Add a column or description indicating the ‘Server’ of your flight/ATC session. I find it would be helpful if I could tell which server my flights are from. We could decipher this by adding a ‘Server’ column next to the ‘Type’ column, or by indicating with a ‘-Expert’ (for example) next to the ‘Live’ type.
4. The ability to toggle. I wish there was a way for me to toggle my flights/ATC sessions by either length, server, or file size. This would help me speed up the deletion process of really small, useless files. Also, as ATC I am often looking at airport layouts in solo prior to opening. Which leads to my next suggestion…
5. The ability to turn off the sim from automatically saving replays in solo. For me, I have no need for a solo replay the majority of the time. We don’t need them for ATC or violation reviews. I believe it would help ‘de-clutter’ the replay log and help (me at least) spend less time deleting files if I could simply have the option not to save solo replays. I would still encourage the default to be ‘on’ to save solo spawns/flights.
Thank you for your continued hard work with Infinite Flight. Hopefully we can make the replay menu even better than it is now. And if you’ve made it this far, congrats.