Suggested Airports for Pattern Work

@Kyle.Plane …just flew between Westray and Papa Westray for…fun? Those runways are frustrating… but I see how you can accumulate loads of XP if you do it right.

2 Likes

I tried doing the flight back and fourth to get xp. I can’t seem to land properly because the runways are infuriating to land on.

2 Likes

@ekolaziale I just went to SVMI, runway 09. Nice! Thanks for the suggestion!

1 Like

Tel Aviv is great with the triangular-layout of the runways :)

1 Like

@Marshall_Hilfman it’s you’re time to shine!

1 Like

ICAO: YMRY
NAME: moruya
Why:
Perfect runways for Pattern Work
Beautiful scenery;
Beach, mountains ocean, lake, etc

3 Likes

ICAO: KIOW
Literally the perfect runway layout, there’s not a better pattern Airport for a Cessna 172, and because it’s unedited you can spawn on the runway and do patterns right away. This airport can also handle the CCX on runway 25 if you like as well. Additionally runway 18-36 is old and inactive irl, so it will be removed in the next update by my request. Better get going on patterns! Here is a picture: image

3 Likes

ICAO: KJAC
Name: Jackson Hole
Why: Nice scenic terrain, short taxi, single rwy

7 Likes

KCNY: Canyonlands Field, Moab, Utah.

Great scenery surrounding it (two national parks within 10 miles), a 7,000 foot runway with no obstructions in any sides, and never busy. You’ll only see people passing overhead at 35,000 feet enroute to the west coast. Another bonus - immaculately edited, and a very short taxi from spawn to runway.

2 Likes

KGGE is far and away my favorite. It’s untowered and unedited, and has three runways arranged like a triangle. Using the Super Decathlon it takes just 5 minutes to do three landings. Take off, hard turn, you’re on final for the next runway!

1 Like

NASA Crows(KNRC) is one I use quite a bit. It has two intersecting runways, and you can really just keep doing figure eights of touch and go’s there (if that makes sense). I’d recommend the Cessna Citation X for use here.

I agree with you. Jackson Hole is a great airport for flying patterns. The mountains in the distance are so enjoyable when flying.

2 Likes

Did before global and still do today.
KNUQ has decently long runways which are great for doing two stop and goes in a 737 before having to takeoff and turn around for the next runway. The 737 is great when light because it means you can make 3G turns to turn around to the runway

Oooh, I have try this! And it looks stunning too

Went to KIOW and got lots of XP quickly. I love this airport!

2 Likes

Lord Howe Island. Basically the same situation as PWAK but it has mountains and 15M imagery. It’s isolated as well. Worth checking it out. The runway is also short.

1 Like

I certainly won’t be flying at some of these airports the way some of you guys fly patterns to grind xp lol. Take off runway 28, land on 35, take off 35 and land on 14…

2 Likes

PHDH

Gem on the other side of the main Hawaii island, located on the same island as PHNL. Used to be a hangout spot for IFATCs long ago. It’s just beside a cliff. Long displaced Thresholds and a long runway. My go-to for spit patterns. One of the best airports for patterns pre-global. 10/10 would fly again

3 Likes

YPJT

Jandakot Airport

Western Australia

10 nm south of Perth Intl airport

Why: I do flight training there irl and it has dual runways and never has atc. Also has nice scenery:)

3 Likes

@Qantas737guy ⬆️ Our favourite airport

1 Like