Sudden Drop In performance / Log - in issues

Hello, Good Day, To the respective staff,

I have been recently haveing an Issue with My Samsung Tab S6 lite that was bought only last year around the same time period.

However the Infinite Flight app as significantly slowed down after I stepped away from useing it In May Regularly due to personal Commitments. It’s become so bad it stuck either on the Home screen or in loading page.

In addition I also Got the Error Code - 9 a couple of times and after restarting then a full factory Reset There is been no difference.

Can anyone help regarding the same? I tried to clear the chach memory but that also doesn’t help it simply gets stuck on loading screen after i choose the aircraft or show error Code 9.

Its Been stuck in this screen for the last 10 minutes after the full factory reset and re install.

Yours Sincerely,
Jayden Pandian.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S6 Lite - 2022
Operating system: Android 13 / samsung One UI 5.1

2 Likes

Hi Jayden, this looks like it might be more an issue with your network than anything. Have you experienced any other issues with your tablet online? Is it online via a mobile or home WiFi network?

As for the performance slowdown, unfortunately some of that will be down to the device. It’s not a particularly powerful device, so it might be worth lowering some of your graphics settings, you might have an uplift in performance from that.

3 Likes

Personally, I use Apple for this reason and never have problems. But, I do believe your Tablet can run the game just fine, but as @Dan_77 said, you might have an internet issue.

2 Likes

Not really sure how this is relevant to the issue at all - it’s cool that you use apple, but the OP is using a Samsung device, they don’t need to know what device you have. Let’s make sure we’re providing relevant help and information ☺️

5 Likes

I understand, I was just saying that Apple doesn’t have this issue, and that an iPad is worth the investment.

1 Like

But we don’t even know technically what the issue is, so are you sure?

4 Likes

I think what @American321 means is that if the issue is what he thinks it is, then he thinks it can be solved with an apple device.
btw, my personal take is lower everything, and turn on low battery mode.

2 Likes

Hello Dan, Thanks for your reply,

I personally don’t think it’s the internet as all my other devices seem to functioning fine with my cellular Data / Hotspot. I don’t seem to be haveing an issue with Both my laptops and phone in my are / surroundings.

It’s strange since it only happened when i cam back i remember it being butter smooth when i stepped away in May.

In-terms of graphics, I never used it with High settings, It’s always been medium settings to get the best out of it.

1 Like

as dan said maybe lower it

1 Like

I will definitely look into that probablity aswell.
But I don’t think it’s the cause.

2 Likes

Have you tried using WiFi at all?

2 Likes

Tried, No difference.

It’s something very odd as it never felt this bugged down let alone in a span of what now 3 months or so. Even clicking the app seems to make it absurdly slow.

2 Likes

No worries Jadyen, glad if I can be of some help.

The issue in question seems to be less likely related to your device and more something on the network side. There are some providers that can cause issues with in app downloads - something well above my expertise to try and explain. As Tuna has stated, it’s worth running the device on WiFi where available.

The Tab S6 lite is hardly the most powerful tablet out there, but it shouldn’t be causing any major slowdowns like this. It’s worth ensuring that both the app and tablet are up to date, and you don’t have any kind of power saving modes enabled.

Seb will likely be able to provide you with more help when he sees the topic.

Replacing a device is a last resort option. Telling someone that their device is the issue without actually knowing is not providing helpful support. Gather information and provide relevant help/ links where possible, don’t just tell them to replace their device.

4 Likes

Absolutely that’s my concern.

It’s no powerful machine, but not something that should be doing this. Since it does have Decent Snapdragon 720G and 4GB Ram…

2 Likes

hey just making sure, but does IF require 8GB?

1 Like

Ermm since when 😬 !?!?

1 Like

IF requires a minimum of 8GB storage ideally, but the RAM minimum will vary by device. 2-4GB is usually enough for most devices.

@Captainjayden I would hold fire for the time being and see if Seb can help with the issue, otherwise you can email support@infiniteflight.com for official help. It would be worth providing as much information as possible, device, networking provider etc.

As I don’t know exactly what the issue is, I’m afraid I can’t be of any more help, and I’d rather not provide you with information that isn’t going to be useful to you. Hope you can get it sorted 💪

5 Likes

I mean worst case scenario for me personally would be to Go to back to flying on my phone…

As it’s OnePlus 10T for a while, as it solid 12GB Ram and Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 chip…

But definitely will wait it out for a proper answer.

3 Likes

Um no answer here is actually relevant except what Kirito and tunamkol asked. I believe the issue here is the network. I had it on my device few times. All I did was disable the network, which would prompt the app to stop loading, I forced closed it. Activated wifi and rebooted app.

Worked most of the time. But if I’m on my cellular data and the signal is bad there’s no use

3 Likes

Absolutely. Will wait for offical response will double check and cross check the internet then shoot a mail to above mentioned email for further assistance.

3 Likes