Strong winds during flight

Currently I’m doing a flight from EGLL to KTPA and the winds are very strong. Ranging from 125-140kts and the temperature is -60c. Anyone know why the winds are so unrealistically strong?

1 Like

I got the same problem. You might not believe me but last time I got 160+ knots headwind

2 Likes

I totally believe you

2 Likes

Sounds like typical Atlantic winds to me. Very much realistic, believe it or not.

3 Likes

A few days ago in the Pacific a 220 knot wind was raging

Oh didn’t know that thanks for telling me

1 Like

Looking at your current location via InfiniteX, the winds are really strong where you are probably because of this storm

2 Likes

They’re not. Quite the opposite actually.

Current wind over the North Atlantic at FL340 (windy.tv)

3 Likes

Didn’t know. I thought those winds where was too strong.

2 Likes

The magnetic forces in your beard are too strong, Seb.

6 Likes

Currently at 197kts tailwind at FL410, 10 minutes before starting my descent into RJTT. I would hope that if the wind direction was unfavourable the calculated flight route would take me around this area?

Thats typical jet stream, depending on your altitude, location & direction the turbulence can vary. Wind physics are somewhat off in IF, so the fact that’s happening to you is not surprising. But it’s completely normal and nothing to worry about.

I mean the Japanese pacific jet stream is doing a solid 220kts due east rn irl. So I would be more concerned about that lol.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.