Strobe lights

Hello everyone,
I know that you should not have your strobe lights on, on a taxiway but here’s my question, when you get your clearance for lineup and wait or clear for takeoff is that when u turn on your strobes and landing lights or should you not turn your lights on until you cross the holding line?

1 Like

Your strobes should be on whenever you are on an active runway. This means the minute you pass the hold short line, they should be on.

6 Likes

You are going to hold short line, atc has cleared you for taking off and then you can open your strobes until leaving the runway.

1 Like

Yea I know that but should you turn it on as soon as they give you clearance

As soon as you pass the hold short line. Clearance has no factor.

1 Like

@Will_A is that the same for landing lights also

1 Like

Yes and no. Landing lights are supposed to be on once you enter an active runway, but should be turned off above 10,000 feet.

2 Likes

Found this very old topic, might be worth reading though the main post ;)

1 Like
1 Like

No @Chris_757_777, clearence is a factor. I have flown many many times and some aircrafts were opening strobes while taxiing and they took off without stop or stop a few seconds. Clearence is a key factor. Some pilots can wait for clearence, some pilots can wait for runway. Thats about preference.

1 Like

Just turn strobes on when entering an active runway, and off when exiting an active runway.

1 Like

I do that, but what about when it’s dark?

Yea that’s what I kinda thought because I sometimes see people turning on strobes while on taxiway from take off clearance.

2 Likes

Like night time?

1 Like

And if i get takeoff clearence while on taxiway, i open my strobes as i have seen same in real life. But some users use strobes at the gate or in the beginning of taxiing, i hate it and its not realistic.

1 Like

I know I really gets to my nerve.

Yes, I always get confused

I see so much people’s use the strobes and landing lights when they are in a gate or taxiway.And that’s in Expert Server. I miss the old exp server. in YSSY i see some people’s with southwest livery orGOL in Australia . EXP server is dead we Need a new server only for pros

We need to make training server with stricter rules and expert server with stricter rules. Training server doesn’t help anyone to train themselves. It has just a difference on Atc. Except atc instructions and except a few violations, it is same as Casual server.

1 Like

Agree with that