Stricter Inappropriate Callsign/Display Name Enforcement

It happens too often on TS and CS. You’re just enjoying your flight and suddenly there’s a plane in the sky with a display name or callsign that is quite inappropriate. Sure, you can go onto the community and report these types of offenses to a moderator, but what if it was prevented in the first place? Infinite Flight is meant to be a family-friendly flight simulator. I’m sure nobody wants to see that atrocity of a callsign or display name while they’re flying.

How could this issue actually be prevented?
Method 1: A “filter” could either be installed, or, if there already is a filter in place, add more inappropriate words and phrases to it.

Method 2: A “Report Callsign” button (and/or a “Report Display Name” button or a combination of the two) could be added. It could potentially be added next to the normal “Report” button on the info box shown when you click on that person’s name on the map. The report, like a flag in the community, would be reviewed by a moderator and the correct action would be taken (i.e. temporary account suspension, etc).

On the Expert Server, ATC can say “Change callsign or you will be ghosted.” What I was aiming for in this feature request is that all servers could be cleaner of inappropriate callsigns and display names.

Disclaimer: I am unaware of any duplicates since I couldn’t find any while searching.

I’m unfortunately out of votes. But I do agree with you as we do have a younger audience and this would be something that would help flitter out those names.

12 Likes

I’ve seen a few inappropriate callsigns when flying regardless of server not only in English but also in Spanish, I’ve tried to report them but the button doesn’t work (afaik). I’ll support this rule.

3 Likes

I think this is a good idea. I see inappropriate callsigns quite often. mostly on casual server

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more, i’ve seen some pretty disrespectful ones and some inappropriate ones on ever server sadly:/

2 Likes

I would never fly with an inapropriate callsign and I don’t condone it, but I don’t care or get butthurt about it when I see someone fly with that. I hold myself to a higher maturity, and with that maturity comes not getting my feelings hurt when someone does something bad.

7 Likes

I’ll vote for it. Seeing names like that takes the fun and realism out of infinite flight, and this is a good way to stop it.

3 Likes

I removed a vote for this we definitely need this for more order on TS and CS

4 Likes

Agreed; you have my vote. American 73737277837227CCF as a callsign is not funny. It just clogs up the transmissions.

4 Likes

I removed a vote for this, also

3 Likes

I agree with this I mean callsigns do not need to be 2 years long they only need to be something like for eg (American 743) or something like that

And display names just need to say something like (IFC-…, IPP-…) or something like that I mean display names should and need to comply with these following conditions/criteria

• IS APPROPRIATE
  • NOT UNNECESSARILY LONG AND INAPPROPRIATE

Callsigns also need to comply with these criteria/conditions

• DOES NOT CLOG UP RADIO TRANSMISSIONS
  • IS APPROPRIATE
  • IS NOT THE SAME AS SOMEONE ELSES CALLSIGN
2 Likes

What do you mean by UNNECESSARILY LONG?
my callsign is IPP-BAVA-SVA-FGS-XXX
Do you think it’s “unnecessarily”?

2 Likes

Funny thing I saw a Speedbird 000000 in TS one day

3 Likes

The guy’s talking about callsign not display name.

6 Likes

@virginatlantic28 read above

3 Likes

@TCHeincy I agree, I do not exactly have my feelings hurt from a callsign unless it personally insults me with racism, sexism, etc but there are other people that might. On the App Store, this game is rated 4+. That means 4 year olds and older are allowed to play. We should keep it clean for the younger audience.

That’s interesting. I never noticed there was an age restriction on the App store

1 Like

@TCHeincy there is

1 Like

Could be good to make Infinite flight feel friendly

This has been solved in 20.2. You can’t create a new display name and it is very strict to make callsigns. I will flag this for closure so everyone can get their votes back.