Strange things happening when I reach 4+ hours flying

I was flying today and when I reached about 4 hours and a half of flight time a message appeared “You have already another device connected”. This is impossible as I only use for IF two devices and the other was turned of yesterday. This had already happened more times, but only when I do more than a 4 hours flight. It’s clearly impossible that another person is using my account because I have a difficult password and the email is only used for IF things.

Model:Lenovo TB3-850F
Android:6.0

2 Likes

Contact David via PM. He can bring up your signed in devices :).

4 HOURS? THAT’s CRAZY! ;p

3 Likes

You might want to consider changing your passwords xD

Ahem 100+ hours right here

All seriousness the post above mine is the right one but do change your passwords often 👍

2 Likes

He means four hours in one flight.

4 Likes

Are you on Wifi or cellular?

Reason i’m asking is that it might have to do with your IP being renewed. Never heard of a 4hr-ish lease time though, it’s normally 24hrs at least…

2 Likes

That’s also depending if his router is static or dynamic. Dynamic changes the owners IP. Static does not.

1 Like

Yes & no. You can have a static IP, but it gets renewed but with the same adress. I know ISPs who do that. That might cause some confusion for IF. Same thing as the issue described can happen if you have connectivity issues.

2 Likes

Thanks for contacting support! This is a known issue when there are minor connection issues on the server. When you briefly lose connection and reconnect, sometimes the system registers that another user (you) is using the account.

Stats are sent to the server periodically throughout your flight so you’ll still receive credit for the flight time you did achieve. If the issue persists, end flight, close the app, relaunch, and you’ll be good to go.

Feel free to contact myself or @Mark_Denton at support if you have any further issues!

8 Likes

My conectivity was a bit low, thanks for the help!

1 Like

Happy to help! Enjoy the rest of your weekend. :)

3 Likes