Storm Doris in the UK

Wow. We’re having one heck of a time here! Extreme winds. Here are some screens off flight radar. Good luck to th ATC who are untangling it all!

2 Likes

Pretty windy down here near-ish Heathrow.

2 Likes

I’m up north but it’s so bad. God knows what the winds are like in the air.

1 Like

I’m just hoping everyone to be safe.

Well you can definitely feel it on Infinite Flight! I had to go around on final to EGLL and then when I did land it was on the gray part before the actual runway and my wing hit the ground because of a strong gust.

1 Like

Seems pretty bad! The weather around the world is pretty uncertain these days =/

Can’t imagine losses due to the delays caused by this storm

1 Like

Will most defiantly be in the London region tonight then !

3 Likes

Tried T and G’s on Casual. Not recommended for TS or Exp if you value Violations.
No passengers were hurt but the cleaners had a hard time getting the A320 ready for the next flight

Yeah, the weather in London today has been terrible. I will definitely be going to the London region today :)

The winds here are about 40mph in real life but in London it could be worse.

It was pretty bad during lunchtime in North London. There was heavy rain and a bit of hail in the morning and at lunchtime break someone fell because of the wind. It also flipped a bin over and it hit a parked car

Just read the latest (1520Z) METAR for EGLL for real life, 24kts gusting to 40kt from 280…wow…

P.S It turns out that the METAR for EGBB reads 40kt gusting to 60 from 300 XD

Trying to walk home was not easy, took me 15 minutes longer than usual. Got a lot of debris blown at me too. Not fun 😂

2 Likes

It appeared quite bad at Manchester Airport at lunchtime, with stacks building up, flights going around, and some being diverted to Liverpool John Lennon or other nearby airports. Seems to be quite a bit better now.

Doris has been killing us down in Coventry/Bedworth.

1 Like

It’s been horrible. You could literally feel our IT block rocking…

Still, I’m waiting for the storm E this year…

1 Like

Yep, mad winds up here in the north west.

2 Likes

Not only IF users make mistakes with this weather. Not sure what happened though and if it’s even weather related. Just happened at Schiphol.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=nl&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fnos.nl%2Fartikel%2F2159672-vliegtuig-op-schiphol-in-de-problemen.html

2 Likes

Have not long flew EGBB to EGLL. 50 MPH at 1200. Not easy. Seat belts on all the way

1 Like

This was a landing gear collapse. No pilot error.

No offence but pls do research before blaming the pilots :)

2 Likes