Stop controlling at SoCal

But with Hawaii, your only limited to 3/4 airports max! And they fill up really quickly and cause quite a lot of delays, it’s a good reason but with SoCal you have the flexibility of opening quite a number of different facility’s like Tom said, great to get the ranks up on controllers.

3 Likes

Right now is only the 2nd time I have seen a “free” airport being controlled in the past week, every other time it seems to be London, Hawaii and Denver that are used. As a casual player who doesn’t want to spend $60 to purchase all the regions, I really love playing on Advanced but can only rarely do so. Whats wrong with SoCal? There are many different classes of airports and has good sized map - not too big, not too small.

2 Likes

SoFlo have a lot

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

If it was a one off purchase, sure. But I’m not paying $100+ for a yearly subscription where I can fly for a tenth of that on PC. Plus in my situation as a university student, I can only fly on IF about 2-3 months in the holidays. That shouldn’t mean I can’t have the same flying opportunities on Advanced like everyone else…?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I made a whole topic on this problem.

I agree with you, this needs to be fixed! Two ATC only managed to control a different region for ONCE, and that was it.

Even though the advanced ATC changes location everyday, I have noticed the New York region is almost always completely abandoned. It’s a great region guys and it’s not used at all. I’m actually surprised no one likes landing at one of the busiest airports in the world (IRL) at least.

ding ding ding we have a winner

1 Like

You can mr Crab

• it’s been a while since SoCal has been open.
    I don’t remember seeing it open this week
1 Like

It was open

“Glenn Maxwell” is my name when I control

1 Like

I like flying in SoCal, it is a beatuful area, especially as you have dessert, mountains, coast and islands all within a few hundred square miles! However I don’t fly there on ATC PG server so wait for IFATC guys to open up…or fly all alone!

#longliveSoCal

1 Like

The last few days we opened other regions

I’m confused by all this “opening server” stuff. Can you not just fly or control in whatever region you want? Cuz that’s what I’ve been doing…

@CaptainHarlan you can control where ever you like,but the advanced ATC we decide on a region and all control there to make as many frequencys opens as possible, rather than having 5 regions open it makes the service a lot better for everyone and keeps the controller busy :)

2 Likes

Ah, I gotcha.

Woa slow down it takes a long time to create and model regions and we are getting global flight soon. Also SoCal is very popular because it has a lot of airports and routes… But to be honest after you have flown evry route, it does get pretty boring…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.