Steven Su ATC Tracking Thread 【Closed】 ZBAA

ZBAA (Beijing Capital Int’l Airport) is the second busiest airport in the world with 3 parallel runways and three terminals. More than 100,000,000 passengers per year. Highly underserved airport in IF.
About Me:
-Just Passed ATC written test
-Grade 4 pilot
-Open once a week
-Any Aircraft you like
-Every Control stays open for at least 1h.
-More than 800 Operations
-Always allow pattern work
-Love feedback
WechatIMG30

5 Likes

I put this into ATC for you :)

2 Likes

Thanks… And still waiting. Open for 3h

1 Like

Still waiting for people. I want to practice…:) In the 2nd busiest airport in the world… You can try whatever approach you want

1 Like

I have sent feedback PM

1 Like

Thank you for flying here! And your feedback. Still welcome people to come…

2 Likes

I’m coming on then

1 Like

You crashed…

2 Likes

I’m terrible with jets

1 Like

I’m inbound in a TBM for touch & gos

1 Like

Anyways, feedback:
Everything was good except the last clearance, you needed to clear me to land or for the option. You cleared me for a touch and go.
Also, I’d have denied the emirates A380 pattern work, I don’t think he knew what remaining in the pattern means.

2 Likes

Because I thought you will continue flying…

1 Like

I reported position and told you I was on right base runway # full stop, meaning in landing.

2 Likes

Nice work at ZBAA, 👍🏼

Ground work all good. Remember, Ground work is important for your test!
Good runway change to 1 with pattern entry instruction.
You asked VH-SIM behind me to maintain slowest practical speed. This is not needed; just hand out the sequence and expect aircrafts to maintain their distance. As VH-SIM was just taking off runway 1 and I was turning in front of him, you could have given him ‘extend upwind’ to delay his turn to the downwind leg and getting too close behind me. In that case remember to give him a pattern entry instruction so he knows when to to turn downwind. But sequence should have been good enough.
The timing for the clearance instructions was quite variable. Sometimes I received clearance while on downwind, and other times I was on a short base leg. Keep in consistent. In IF, as soon as the sequence is clear and stable, Tower can give clearance.
Sequencing was good. Remember to give out a sequence instruction as a soon as possible, especially with small aircrafts doing patterns. You need to provide clarity on the sequence early in the flight.
New pattern entry on runway change to 36L: good.
After you cleared me for the option I informed you of my full-stop. You cleared me to land. This is not needed! Cleared for the option already clears me for landing. A Roger would have been enough.
Runway exit instruction: good.

All the best with the exam preps! 😊

5 Likes

Thanks! But it does NOT let me say “No.2 traffic to follow is on right cross-wind”. I mean there was not the option to say cross-wind…

1 Like

You’re welcome.

1 Like

We say downwind just so they can look in the correct direction. Or you can wait till they’re on downwind them sequence them

2 Likes

If you’re going open later today,Let me know And I’ll give you some feedback(That’s for sure)

Beijing tower now opened. Welcome more people!!!

2 Likes

Still open?

2 Likes