STARS (east) to LAX very steep

Hey,

I was wondering why most of the STARS inbound to LAX from east have such a steep VS between two Fixes. Some of them have a value starting from 300 to 170fl with a very short distance forcing VS to climb up to 2500-3000. is there a reason for that? For most of the other STARS (I experienced) there’s not such an tremendous descent rate. To keep it stable an safe I reduce speed normally to 250kts at a very high altitude… feels not right though…

The stars give you the minimum altitude as far as I know. I always adjust the heights so I don’t nosedive, but in a way so I stay above the minimums.

1 Like

Hey,

Infinite Flight Navigation Procedures data is from NavBlue (An AirBus Company), NavBlue provides Infinite Flight with the data in the real world. I think it’s not an Infinite Flight issues.

Thanks

1 Like

Ah sorry, I think you got me wrong on this: I intentionally expected that the flight data used is rl data. I was just wondering that the different levels between two points change so much.

1 Like

You can always reduce or increase the altitudes in your flight plan. To be realistic, consult the real-world charts and select an appropriate altitude in the range thats defined there.

2 Likes

The altitudes they give are the maximum altitudes but their might be a range. So for a particular fix the max altitude is FL240 and the min altitude is 17,000

1 Like

I’d check out airnav which provide up-to-date charts on every US airport!

https://www.airnav.com/airport/KLAX

Here’s an example on one of the east arrivals, the circled blue waypoints include the altitudes below, so for example, RUNNN requires you to be anywhere from 14000 to 17000ft. Of course though, in infinite flight, there are no restrictions and you won’t be enforced but if you want every bit of realism, this is a great step.

2 Likes

I always follow… With the help of my VNAV
Though I don’t use VNAV every time

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.