Standards In The VA Community

VA Community,

Whilst the majority of virtual airlines and their leaders and members have been doing their usual hard work to further the VA Category, something which I absolutely appreciate as always, there is an underlying and growing issue - an issue that’s been rearing it’s ugly head more and more recently.

Throughout this week, IFVARB Administrators have came home each day to a serious issue they’ve had to spend a ridiculous amount of their night attending to- as have I seeing that I have had to be involved by the admins in all of these. More recently, FDS Staff have been having to tend to VO related issues also, and just today alone we’ve all had to deal with 3 (separate) total situations.

The constant and unreasonable moderation effort needed has been identified as an issue by the moderating team and staff members. None of us are willing to accept the current moderation requirement as it is simply not sustainable. VAs should be self sufficient and not require much moderating at all - we have a limited team of moderators here and we don’t have the time nor resources to be dealing with this on a regular basis. It’s unfair on the people having to deal with it and those setting a good example who are overshadowed by those doing the opposite.

Running a VA here on the community is a privilege and not a right - if your VA can’t stay drama free, it will simply be no more. Conversely, if a user can’t stay drama free then they will just be removed from the community. It’s also worth mentioning that ignoring and going against a direct warning or instructions from IFVARB/Mods will just result in immediate removal at that point. We’re not doing the whole imformal warning, formal warning, final warning, one last chance thing etc. IFVARB (and the moderating team if involved) are going to have to start being much more ruthless with this type of thing in order to crack down on it, and that’s a sentiment that I and Tyler support. If you prove yourself to be a pain or unsuitable for the VA community, you’ll just be removed from it from that point onwards - that’s a standard I want to make very clear. We’re not going make a song and dance about it anymore.

We thoroughly expect an improvement from here on in.

For those; the majority of you, who are exemplary members setting a high standard, I apologise for the lecture. Keep doing your thing and we’ll all be better off for it!

Thanks,
NEO

71 Likes

A much needed message. Glad this was brought to everyone’s attention.

4 Likes

Not great for the VA arena… 2 topics of a similar nature, in a week which should be driven by celebration and achievement

Common VA/VO, there is an expectation, meet it. Well done IFVARB!

5 Likes

Max, I’m sure the IFVARB didn’t post this topic as an opportunity for VA’s to promote their own operations.

4 Likes

I know right, Lou. I can assure you that this warning of mine will get through. I personally will be helping supervise all incidents from now on, so things are gonna change going forward.

7 Likes

Yeah… Sorry bout that. Will refrain from scrapping

1 Like

Thanks NEO. Appreciate the effort to keep things fun and drama free from all.

2 Likes

Good choice deleting that comment. You couldn’t have really found a worse thread to advertise on if you tried🙄😏

3 Likes

No problem @Charles_Fosbroke.

@Kirito_77 Another wise decision being made right there.

2 Likes

So sorry about that @NEO really didn’t mean to start anything…

1 Like

The only issue is, on a VA-CEO perspective we can only do so much to keep out of “drama” and issues. Some immature people fake accounts, troll and spam. These are the only reasons why I would contact the board on a disciplinary basis. This can happen to VAs a lot and majority of the time it isn’t the VA’s fault but the immature member who can’t stay alongside simple rules.

I am guessing this is what the thread is about, if not correct me :)

7 Likes

In that case action would only be taken againts the member, not the VA. We get you guys can’t stop everything like that from happening.

4 Likes

Please don’t get us wrong, we are still here to help you, but some of the stuff we’ve had to deal with this week goes way beyond the scope of any typical issue you may raise. I personally expended perhaps 9-12 hours this week on moderation assistance alone when the typical moderation requirement may not even reach an hour a week. As much as we all enjoy making the VA section a better place, having the moderation requirement jump by an order of magnitude is not sustainable.

2 Likes

I don’t mean to sound kind of blunt, but unless you give us specific examples of what people were doing, it’s hard to know where you are coming from. (naming specific individuals / VAs isn’t necessary, just the details about what went down). Otherwise, every time people see one of these VA improvement threads, they will most likely just ignore it because they don’t know what to specifically avoid.

4 Likes

There is no need to state the issues that occurred… It simple, don’t mess around in VA’s/VO’s and be professional but of course you can have some fun just don’t get out of hand with it. A good way to put is like you are an actual pilot for an airline. :)

2 Likes

He did say, keep drama away from your VA. It’s pretty self explanatory from there I don’t think there needs to be any examples.

2 Likes

I get that. What I am trying to say is that those are the exact words said on every one of these threads, so I am just trying to say that examples might be to everybody’s benefit.

2 Likes

Have a read above… As @cleipelt stated above, they stated “drama free.” And everyone should understand what “drama” means.

3 Likes

Wish we could but bringing all the stuff that happened in the past would only start more drama, so ‘I’ personally will bring a nice calm and collective feel to the IFC - Max