Stalling Flight Lesson

Hey guys, I have another flight lesson coming up, “stalling”, This is my first flight lesson doing stalls and low-speed flight and I was wondering for any of you real pilots out there who have gone through this training, what do you think of it? Is it scary, fun, exciting? Or all at once. It’d be great to hear your experience and how I can improve my flight training session coming up…

Oh and by the way - if you need/want to know the aircraft it’s a Foxbat A22LS:

IMG_9813

Thanks

8 Likes

It’s rather scary at first, but just know that they are easy to recover and once you get the hang of them they become second nature. Enjoy!

2 Likes

Thanks, so once you are in the stall is it just - lower attitude, then power out roll wings and climb out? Also do you know what types of stalls there are?

1 Like

Honestly, I hate doing stalls. I can do them but am always afraid of spinning the aircraft. Slow flight is not that bad as you have power to help you. I prefer slow flight over stalls. Make sure you stay coordinated during stalls.

1 Like

Have you ever spun the plane?

There are a few different types of stalls, (power on, power off, spin). Depending on what your instructor is feeling like, you will most likely do a power off stall which is where you enter the stall at the lowest speed, aka stall speed. When I did my first stall it was a little less exciting then what I was hoping for. Nevertheless stalls are a great way to help a student piltot understand what a stall looks like and how to recover from one if you happen to get into a stall.

2 Likes

I found it to be very scary at first. Staring straight at the ground, or looking into space when your used to flying straight and level is scary, but I promise you, you’ll get used to it. The big problems I had occured during my power on stalls, I never would pull the Carb Heat out, or forget the last notch of flaps. Luckily Ive gotten rid of those habits. Best thing to do is listen carefully to your instructor, and if you need to, say what you need to do out loud. I find it very helpful just to say things verbally.

1 Like

I never really cared for stalls. When teaching them, I didn’t trust the guy next to me. But at the end of the day, it’s all about the recovery, and can save your life someday. It’s a very controlled maneuver if done properly, and nothing of which to be afraid. Spins are another issue altogether. Been in plenty, and never enjoyed them.

I’ve been in airplanes all my life. And I personally hate stalls. I prefer nice easy movements not abrubpt movements but hey it’s all part of training. I’ve done so many stalls I’d think I’d be use to them

1 Like

When I did them they wernt nearly as bad as I was expecting. I was tripping my self out thinking about how scary it was. All it does is the nose comes up, you hang for a second, the nose drops and then your accelerating away and climbing. They are kinda fun after a while.

1 Like

Stalls are one of the funnest maneuvers to do IMO.

2 Likes

What’s a standard altitude to do stall training at?

1 Like

I’ve been close and let’s just say it made me very uneasy.

1 Like

Above 3,000 feet. That’s what our flight school SOPs say

1 Like

That seems so low :/

2 Likes

I like learning and performing stalls. In all seriousness turning stalls specifically is what I enjoyed the most. It really taught me about coordination and how disciplined I needed to be. Once you master those basics, you’ll be prepared in the event that you do end up stalling. Have fun with it!

1 Like

What altitude do you think it should they should be at?

Thanks everyone for the replies! Appreciate it :)

I’d be scared, so probably about FL410😂

8 Likes

Lel. Honestly I like to do them above 3k. Around 3.5 and up is good with me

2 Likes