Stall on A380 and A330-300

Well honestly, everything you’re describing sounds like ideal conditions and should not result in a stall. Could you possibly share a replay clip of this happening?

1 Like

Ok thanks for the help and info

1 Like

You’re welcome mate

Step climb

I’ll send it tomorrow if I can because I’m not going to play today anymore

Thank you everyone for the help and info

1 Like

Okay. I can easily climb at about 3000 FPM at a very heavy weight on the A380 while maintaining 250. As @Qantas094 said you should probably increase your speed for the meantime.

2 Likes

Ok will do that next time

As a Grade 5 pilot with plenty of experience and with the A380 being my favourite aircraft I’m clearly very knowledgeable about it. When I take off I usually go for normal weight load, flaps 1+F and trim of 20%. I roll down the runway and rotate at 150kts (real world standard) and usually have a pitch of 2500f/m but always in between 2000f/m and 2600f/m. That will work every time.
As a bonus, if you want to do a steep takeoff (casual server only) then don’t set any flaps and no trim. When you reach around 250kts (fully throttle), set the flaps to full and pitch to 45 degrees. Push the device forward at around 220kts and when you get to a level altitude, set flaps to 1+F until you get to a normal speed.

1 Like

Simbrief Flight Plans in the JBU format will give you excellent V speeds for the runway, weather and weight. It has speeds for the A333 and many others. They work like a charm in IF

1 Like

When your aircraft is packed with weight but engine power is kept the same, the power to weight ratio decreases, which in turn requiring your aircraft more lift force (up) to counter the extra weight (down). Since lift can only be generated by forward motion, the aircraft needs more thrust to push the aircraft so it may reach a certain airspeed sufficient for sustaining more lift force than weight. Air density decreases along with altitude, generally within most jet aircraft’s cruise altitudes, therefore the higher you ascend, the more thrust your engines need to generate to keep the wings at the same local lift coefficient. With that said, when you climb to an altitude that’s too high for the current weight condition, you’ll rapidly lose airspeed and send the aircraft into an aerodynamic stall due to failure of achieving the forward momentum to generate the sufficient local lift coefficient for sustained flight.

To put it simple, fly lower when you’re heavy to minimize stall risks.

1 Like

I now understand why I stalled

1 Like

I’m a Grade 2 pilot. I fly on training server

Thank you everybody that helped and took their time to explain to me why I stalled. I am very grateful. Thank you IFC!

Good idea!

Do you want to make sure that your speed is past 130 your flaps are extended just a little bit but not all the way in those inches have been turned on. Also your airplane mode may be too heavy. Do you taxi out to the runway with one jet engine? If so then you may forget to turn the other chatting tonight. Make sure your plane is in tilted up to high.

I taxi with two engines

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.