STACK'em = Flow Control

Same old song! Sitting in the Taxi Q while the controller plays musical chairs with the inbounds. Inbound holding points at a Heavy Flow aerodrome is the key to “Flow” control! Take a lesson from the real world. How about dem; HOLDING POINTS/SID’s /STARS/SLOTS. These are the ansewer to the Trash Hauler rush hour conundrum at the “B’s”… NEXT…
Mad Max Sends

If you try to stack’em at holding point the reply would be “unable” in playground server. I know max I’m being very hypocrite, we are in no win situation, we just wait for next update. ;)

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

I think a great solution to this would be, as Aernout mentioned in his flightcast interview, a ‘HOLD’ button in the autopilot controls that allows flying a racetrack pattern at the assigned altitude, with legs designed at a minute and a half flying time duration - and the corresponding instruction set in the controller interface. I’ve seen some controllers implement a holding pattern with vectoring instructions alone, which is cool but adds to the controller workload a bit.

1 Like

Sorry what HOLD button? The ALT HOLD button on MCP to hold altitude from VNAV. You can’t set holding pattern in autopilot you set them in FMC by inputing CRS / Length or time. all holding patterns would look the same there’s no such thing as racing track. Unless I’m wrong, Let me know, love to learn new stuff.

1 Like

This is IF my friend they have a “button” for everything😁. Max Sends

1 Like

Sorry I was thinking he’s talking about real cockpit 😀, good idea to implement in IF cockpit.