Stability On final

How to keep your Aircraft Stable on final? I tend to shake my aircraft and then mess up my landing.

3 Likes

Try calibrating your device in a comfortable position and making small corrections to stay aligned with the runway.

5 Likes

I usually put my elbows on a pillow or something else to rest on, which makes the landing much less shaky

8 Likes

I’ll try that :) thank you, mate.

2 Likes

Alright, thanks.

1 Like

Yes, i do that tons of times before landing.

1 Like

Make small corrections. The harder you shift your device, the more impact will inflict your aircraft. Soft and steady corrections to stay aligned with the runway.

2 Likes

Depending on the plane, I’d also recommend adjusting sensitivity. On smaller planes, namely the CRJ and Dash-8, I’d lower the sensitivity quite a bit as those tend to make dramatic corrections with smaller movements. Additionally, the 787 and a350 can be quite sensitive as well, but not as much.

1 Like

Try to put the controls sensitivity on low.
I did that and I’m buttering the runway now.

1 Like

To stabilize i use rudder with my right thumb and place my elbows on the pillow, so while landing one can easily do minor corrections and land without shaking.
Pro tip: make sure you open your flaps and spoilers when you touch down ;)

Calibrate your device, use solo mode to practice and then go to live servers, remember to check your speed and use trim if necessary

what I do is, before I start a flight to somewhere, I go into solo and practice the final approach to that airport ( I also do this when flying unfamiliar planes) then when you’re coming in to land, BEFORE you turn off autopilot, calibrate your device first… always. it helps so much.

-VulicityHD

Also set yourself a goal at which you have to be stable at (e.g. 1000 feet AGOL) and fly it down from there without correcting to much (no big movements!).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.