St. Maarten Airport - Damaged after Hurricane Irma

Jet bridge destroyed The terminal is flooded

28 Likes

No more Maho beach plane spotting for a while😔

Hopefully with the support of the Dutch government, all should be fine soon

42 Likes

Yeah, I’ve already seen some pictures of this. Looks terrible and I hope they can rebuild the lovely Princess Juliana International Airport becuause it is an iconic place for any plane spotter.

13 Likes

No way! That’s terrible, one of the most iconic airports in the world destroyed 😭😮 I had plans to go there soon but I guess it’ll have to wait 😔

3 Likes

The beach is even closer to the airport now lol

62 Likes

I wouldn’t go so far as too say completely destroyed, but it looks pretty bad!

17 Likes

Closer… Extremely close. I hope that they’ll do something to make that airport active again.

4 Likes

Correction: ‘airport has half the beach on it’.

8 Likes

🇳🇱 #NAF49 with Dutch soldiers and Hurrican Irma relief supplies filed to Curaçao, but hoping for St Maarten—SXM by the time they’re in the area.

📡 flightradar24.com/NAF49/ec659de

3 Likes

Considering it’s an important hub for the Caribbean it would be extremely surprising if they didn’t

6 Likes

A vessel of the dutch gouvernement just came in the harbor off saying Martin with heavy material ti clear the runway and the airport.

2 Likes

Got a flight into st martin in 91 days and a cruise ship leaving there in 89. My tickets are showing it should be taken care of before my trip.

2 Likes

I also really hope they’ll add thi.

Would be quite ab enrichment for global ;)

3 Likes

It’s not over… Jose is heading straight for Saint Maarten as a Category 3 hurricane.

7 Likes

Im glad its not completely destroyed, im waiting to see if i can go once its fixed!

1 Like

MaxSez: @liad747… “Lightly Destroyed”, a joke right?

8 Likes

I don’t think “lightly destroyed” is a good way to describe this.

4 Likes

Yeah there’s no such thing as “lightly destroyed” either it’s destroyed or it’s not. I fixed it.

9 Likes

I’m just saying…It could of been much worse.

R.I.P jet bridge that collapsed you had a great life :)

8 Likes