St. Barts Landscape rework

I think that the terrain a Gustaf III needs to be reworked because the approach landscape isn’t like it in real life.

Sorry I didn’t put in any real life photos. I didn’t want to get caught for copy right but in real life this landscape here should be a steep hill.
Thanks for reading, Riley

14 Likes

Only one pic per feature request please!

1 Like

The hill used to be there in IF but it disappeared for some reason, it needs to be returned!

2 Likes

Yes, so I can watch the nimrods smash into the hill due to in-experience!

7 Likes

Make sure your terrain settings are on High, it’s not perfect but will look better than this.

1 Like

All my settings are as high as they can go

The terrain features are not necessarily correct to real life. If you take off from EGLL you will find hills which don’t exist. I don’t believe that IF has evolved to have every terrain feature embedded. It is a work in progress.

1 Like

Ours is not to reason why. Ours is just to do and fly!

2 Likes

Landing here is one of my favorite parts of IF. Really gonna be upsetting if this isn’t fixed.

4 Likes

The terrain in IF puts me off from flying into this beautiful airport. I wish it could be modelled better…

1 Like

The mountain should be brought closer to runway

Bumping this because this is the original thread to this

https://community.infiniteflight.com/t/st-barts-terrain-and-runway-markings/33749?u=benny87654321

1 Like

I think it would add more realism of it looked the way it’s supposed to

4 Likes

The runway is too small for touchdown zone markings in Infinite Flight. I guess you could make a feature request for touchdown zone markings for smaller runways?

IF terrain in general isn’t as good as I would like it. However I’m a huge fan of St. Bart’s and I think its current depiction in the sim right now is flat out disgraceful. I’d doubt many people will care since all they want is their new 787 and so on.

2 Likes

I don’t know. Infinite Flight usually has trouble with small runways. One example is 21W. The runway number width exceeds the runway width.

2 Likes

How it SHOULD be…

No wonder it made the History Channel’s top 10 list of “Most Extreme Airports”

Looks like the runway numbers fit fine but the two white block touchdown targets are missing…

… and the terrain doesn’t look very “extreme”. Just sayin’…

1 Like