St. Barths TFR - Aircraft Restriction

Hi Everyone,

In the past few days, I’ve noticed a few people on the expert server flying into St. Barths in aircraft as large as the B747-8! This is annoying for everyone especially when there’s an event without IFATC in the region to ghost so people mess around in this airport. My suggestion is a TFR limiting traffic to GA traffic only. The largest aircraft to land there in practice has been the Dash-7 but It is unlikely that a Dash-8 would fit in so I think the message should say this…

“General Aviation aircraft only at this airport”

This would be quite easy to implement and I’m sure it would help the TFFJ expert server traffic by making all larger aircraft divert to St. Maarten (TNCM).

What the TFR Would Look Like

NOTAM (TFR-ACTIVE)
Aircraft Restriction by Infinite Flight
To: 01/01/2120 6:00Z
Floor: SFC
Ceiling: 5000ft

I’m fully going to support this restriction addition. A NOTAM/TFR like this one though would fit better due to the fact that a Dash DH8D would never get out of St. Barths. A Pilatus is the largest that the airport will ever see. Would certainly help realism on the Expert Server <3

22 Likes

Agreed. Thanks for the vote!

3 Likes

It would add "Realism © " But then there would have to be thousands of TFR for all the airports.

5 Likes

Great idea…personally a tbm or a Cessna 208 will be the largest aircraft that will be able to make the steep appr at Gustaf III airport…this will help greatly in increasing the realism in the expert server…the same can be done in many other airports

1 Like

Yeah, seeing a 747 landing at Gustaf III would really hurt the realism.

1 Like

But i would say if there would be no TFRs at all 90% of too large aircraft would land at Lukla or St. Barth.

1 Like

Shouldn’t this be applied at Lukla airport as well?

3 Likes

It already has

1 Like

Also airports like Paro, Saba, St Maarten etc. should over the time have restrictions so as to make the server as real and professional as possible

Agreed. Every airport is one step in the right direction.

2 Likes

Just like how thousands of airports have gates? What’s the logic behind this statement?

2 Likes

To add on to @Trio. Everyone’s complaining about Realism on expert server, then someone try to make more realistic, then people start to complain!

1 Like

Someone was doing patterns in an A350 at EGLC the other day on Expert… its hard to enforce realism throughout IF, but I’m all for #Realism and would vote for this if I had a spare!

1 violation if you land is a better idea. Just sayin’.

4 Likes

Tyler said it’s a pain to add TRF’s. Unless i read it wrong. And TFR’s wont do anything unless a mod or active atc see the person breaking it.

1 Like

Yes but since this a feature request the system could be improved so that’s not really a reason to shut down an idea.

2 Likes

I’m gonna go test out if the Dash-8 can make it out

1 Like

There should also be a feature in the TS where the ATC say having 500+ ops can temporarily mute a user if he/she is misusing the frequency…this won’t harm the user and will help the controller.

1 Like

Another thing I have seen is 737s trying to land at Saba! No way is that ever gonna work!

2 Likes