St Barths glitch

Yesterday I wanted to have a challenge so I wanted to land at St. Barths and I could see straight through the hill in front of the runway. So I literally was 2 feet from crashing so will that ever be fixed? especially the airport itself:) I don’t have any pics but some of what it should actually look like…(not mine though)
the hill is not so steep like IF but just a small declivity:)
So Has anyone else had this glitch?

3 Likes

In IF, it’s basically a huge cliff. It’s literally impossible to land on runway 10.

2 Likes

It has been like that since global was released. My best suggestion is to get to know the safe area around the airport.

1 Like

Do you have any pictures from IF and not only from real life?

yeah, without a ryanair landing and it is not realistic

2 Likes

nope I do not take screen shots during flight but I can go get some:)

1 Like

My guess is to clear your scenery cache and check this airport again.

2 Likes

It has been told that it has been a glitch since global got released, also I have read that the runways on if cannot be a slope

1 Like

Every airport is like that. Doesn’t make a difference. It has been since global was released

1 Like

G’day,

This was mentioned/reported in these earlier support topics, so I believe it must be a known issue to the IF Team:

Additionally,
phillippe responded to the issue here :) -

Hopefully it’ll be fixed in the future, but it’s a waiting game for now due to higher priority stuff ;)

4 Likes

So you are saying that every single airport in global is glitched and we can see parts of scenery through it. No, that is false. It’s just an issue in St.Barths.

1 Like

yeah this is only on the st barths one

I actually landed on the mountain during a group flight. I just started taxiing up the mountain basically. I use my Radar/GPS in the bottom left corner zoomed in all the way for that approach. I can see the top of the hill, so I won’t descend until I get over it or my GPS says I’m right above the runway

1 Like

so do a JU 87 dive?

1 Like

Don’t call me out on this, but I have no idea what that is

I am getting some pics right now

If it were to come down to choosing either or, Id rather see the slope of the cliff fixed before the fact that you can see through the hill. Its hard to land there because its a straight drop off in IF but not that steep IRL.

This is very known. Sucks especially in mountainous areas… I wonder why they haven’t fixed this yet.

4 Likes

Because it’s super complex. But it’s not something we’ve forgotten :)

6 Likes