Squawk codes in live

So I was thinking, imagine having squawk codes in live! So the ATC would say something like “Speedbird 123, turn right after takeoff, squawk 0077.”

12 Likes

Isn’t there already a topic similar to this?

https://community.infiniteflight.com/t/squawking-7700-in-global/53873?u=l.a.aviation

1 Like

That was closed, wasn’t it? Besides, this is all squawk codes, not just 7700

5 Likes

PG: Speedbird 201 Squawk 7500
Emirates 402 Squawk 7500
KLM 322 Squawk 7500

10 Likes

Would like this.

2 Likes

I would love to see Squawk codes added but: would have to be done automatically as part of the ATC chatter and emergency squawks cant be used.

5 Likes

I would like it but we don’t need it because we don’t have emergency situations in IF so squawking a 7700 would be pointless.

3 Likes

And it could become overused if people want to land first…

4 Likes

Squawks can also be used just to label aircraft for their typing like military and commercial in different countries

3 Likes

Yeah I know but on the whole, squawks in IF just currently seem pointless

1 Like

MaxSez: For the Fledlings: Squawk Codes are discrete transponder code (squawk code) iassigned by the air traffic system to uniquely identify an aircraft checked into the ATC system. ATC assigned codes allows easy identification of aircraft on radar in the real world by tagging the radar return. Squawk codes are four-digit octal numbers randomly assigned by the system upon initial check in and loaded into the crafts avionics (Transponder) by the aircrew…
IF’s ATC radar system at this point is still in build out and incapable of supporting this feature at this time. For future reference the following Three Trouble Squawk’s are standard and recognised Internationally; #7500 (HiJack)… #7600 (Lost Comm) and #7700 (Mayday). These Emergency Squawk’s will proobly never be implemented on IF? They are Disruptive and prone to Peanut abouse.

6 Likes

I would love to see them but I think it would only be good if players are assigned Squawk Codes and then automatically quote them when needed by ATC

1 Like

MaxSez: I agree Tom (@Thomas_Oehrling) the more real world the better. Introducing the real “System” at an early age is a fine thing. Squawk’s are an everyday reality the sooner you put the reality of the life into prospective the better. Wish they had a system Ike IF when I was a Lad. Don’t remember how many times I failed the written I had a system overload first time out. Squawk’s will come. I’m still waiting for an ATIS reinstall which is a system capability its been almost 2 years waiting for that one. Patience is a vertue LOL.

2 Likes

I think we should have real voice communication before we even do any of this.

2 Likes

have you seen what happened to Steam’s FSX? No that is a bad idea bro!

1 Like

@Mats_Edvin_Aaro, how does VATSIM handle squawks codes?

1 Like

Like real life :)

1 Like

Wait till some jokers decide “Let’s all squawk 7500” ;)

2 Likes

Are emergencies random & actual failures or do they just simulate an emergency and have to ask the controller for permission?

1 Like

But what if your having trouble controlling & need to land now.

2 Likes