Squawk 7600 - Communication issue

Hi everyone 👋,

Recently I had communication issue with connection to the frequency on Expert. I was unable to see Tower and ATIS frequencies.

Similar situations happen from time to time and this is very stressful when after rather a long flight you can’t contact the controller. After some time thinking, I came up with a way out of such situations. This will prevent people from getting ghosted and help controllers and moderators not to be distracted by disturbing messages on the forum.

Now let’s go ahead to the idea.

How will it work?

First of all, there will be a script, which will do the main work.
The script can scan all available frequencies on the live server at the current airport (the airport must be chosen as a destination) and all freskansquencies you have at the moment. And only if there are some problems with your communication (if only script detect a difference between this two scans ), script will allow pilots to use this command/alert. This will help to prevent people from spamming and trolling the ATC controllers.

What’s next?

After an alert button was pressed there will be 2 important things.
First is that guard message will be announced for pilots and for ATC.
And second is that Squawking aircraft will be marked in red color.

A guard message can sound like this: “Attention all aircraft, please be attentive as there is an aircraft alerted squawk 7600.”

Continue approach or divert?

If the airspace isn’t too busy, aircraft can continue approaching/ landing. ATC can control other aircraft to avoid collision and the pilot of lucky plane can follow rules and sequence by himself. Of course pilot must understand that all actions he is doing can lead to ghosting.
But if the airspace is too busy? It happened during FNF for example?
If the airspace is too busy, ATC can give global/private message to alerting aircraft “The airspace is too busy, please divert to the nearest convenient (suitable in size) airport.”

Do we really need this?

I think that this feature is must-have thing. We don’t know how long this communication issues will be in the game and at the same time people want to have more realism. And it’s great when we can combine this to broblem into one decision!

I like this idea. This could make the lives of the controllers and pilots a lot easier.

But one thing I am questioning about:

If you can’t contact ATC in the first place and squawk 7600, how can you guarantee that you can even hear the messages from ATC telling you to divert?

1 Like

You can hear their request to contact frequency, so maybe pilot can hear that message via global announcement. Or after he pressed alert button
ATC can give him not only “contact frequency” message, but diverting command.

Ok, ATC can send it out to him, but how can we guarantee that the pilot received it?

At least on the ghosting front (if this feature isn’t implemented) I think the upcoming Live Replay feature will help prove connection problems, though this would only be in retrospect.

I like this idea

I like the idea, and it would be helpful to know. We have similar solutions right now - changing your callsign to “NORDO” for instance. But many people don’t know that, so a command that everyone can see would be helpful.

However, I see this getting abused by many pilots, and I’m not sure how it could be properly monitored.

Also, if you’re flying into a busy airspace, and cannot contact ATC - it would be very difficult to land at the airport without interfering with other traffic, which would lead to a ghost regardless of your squawk code. In those instances, it’s best to go ahead and divert. Just as you would in real life if all communication was lost while inbound to a very busy airspace.

4 Likes

I’m not sure I understand the issuing process. How does the app confirm that there has been a “connection issue”? In other words, this button cannot be readily accessible all the time. A series of events need to trigger this button to come up so that people can’t abuse this.

5 Likes

I think there are a lot of complicated issues

For example there are 5 frequencies at EGLL (Live server scan tells it) and pilot can see only 4. When there is a difference in frequencies number to which pilot can connect, then pilot can alert 7600.