Spring Break gateway to Punta Cana! ( FLIGHT 1 )

It hasn’t even been a month since I returned to my home from traveling around Colombia 🇨🇴 but now as we all know, South Florida is getting packed because it’s Spring Break but I also decided to my own trip out some point south more specifically in the Caribbean and even more specifically in the Dominican Republic 🇩🇴 we are going to spend our spring break in Punta Cana since I don’t feel like dealing with crowds. I also decided to invest into 1st class for this flight like I was on the return from Cali but AA did something amazing. Because of the high demand they swapped our plane from a normal 737-800 to a Widebody 777-200ER so now I was flying flagship business, SWEET! But let’s pack our bags, drive down to Miami Intl Airport and get this trip started!

Origin: Miami Intl ( KMIA )
Destination: Punta Cana Intl ( MDPC )
Flight Time: 1:43
Boeing 777-200ER ( American Airlines )
Server: Training

After a checking in, passing security, emigration this time instead of going to Cafe Versailles, I decided to go to the flagship lounge here in MIA which was nice but it’s getting closer to boarding so I went to gate D27 to see the 777-200ER taking us to Punta Cana 🇩🇴🏝️ today these planes are usually very old compared to AAs Dreamliners and 77Ws

I boarded much earlier than usual since I was flying business and my goodness, look at this engine view ❤️, isn’t it beautiful?

Soon enough we pushed backed, taxied to RWY 08R and took off leaving Miami 🏝️🏙️ behind us as well seeing all those beaches along the coast full of people

We climbed to FL370 and enjoyed the views of the Bahamas 🇧🇸 below us even spotted Ocean Cay, MSC Cruises private island out here, I was planning a cruise at first, but there pricing made me change my mind in favor for the DR ❤️🇩🇴

About and hour after departure, Lunch was served! I felt so weird actually being served a full meal instead of just snacks and a drink but I’m not complaining, I wanted to sleep since I woke up much earlier since I wanted to take advantage of the lounge but I wanted to make my short time in this seat count so instead I chose to sleep when I got to my resort in Punta Cana 🏝️🇩🇴

We started our descent exactly above Puerto Plata which were I also stopped on my MSC cruise over winter break along with San Juan 🇵🇷, Nassau and Ocean Cay 🇧🇸 which I spotted before!

Soon enough, our time in this amazing seat was up we were now on the ground in Punta Cana 🏝️🇩🇴👏🏼 now this is the start to a vacation.

A spotter even caught us on final approach into RWY 08 📸

Just like when I boarded, I was one of the first to deplane and took this very last shot of our 777-200ER before heading to passport control which was a complete MESS! if I thought it was bad in Cali it’s actually CHAOS here, not as bad as it is during the holidays but still, I didn’t leave the airport until 3 hours after we landed but I finally rented my car and made my way to my resort and decided to take a nap before going out to shows and stuff anyways I’m also taking a 777-200ER back home also in flagship business so stay tuned 😉

17 Likes

i lov it it looking good:D