Spring Break 2024 Trip to Jamaica - Return Pt. 2: Miami to St. Louis

Hello folks, this is our flight back to St. Louis in this second and final part of our return trip from Jamaica ๐Ÿ‡ฏ๐Ÿ‡ฒ. Like I said in the other post, our Spring Break in Jamaica wasnโ€™t that great at least weโ€™ve done something. But this was after we went through Passport Control ๐Ÿ›‚ and then went through airport security before heading to our flight which will be given in detail in the first photo, for our flight back to St. Louis ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ. Also as mentioned in that previous part, we had an 8 to a 9 hour layover since our flight back to St. Louis ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ was delayed for more than two hours. The explanation of what we have done throughout these hours will be on the first photo. So here go the shots and I hope you enjoy it.

Final Flight: American Airlines Flight 1569 - Miami to St. Louis ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ
Aircraft: Boeing 737-800
Origin: Miami International Airport (KMIA)
Destination: St. Louis Lambert Intโ€™l Airport (KSTL)
Flight Time: 3hrs
Server: Expert

Now with the departure gates. First, we were put at Gate D1 for our departure to St. Louis. Then, we were switched to Date D38 a couple of hours later and then aircraft had arrived and here it is at Gate D38 MIA airport, ready for us to board up to St. Louis. Throughout this lengthy layover, we stopped by the shop to buy some snacks to snack on and also bought something to eat ๐Ÿด ๐Ÿฅ˜.Despite this two hour delay, letโ€™s get this flight started.

Here we are taxiing to RWY 26L for takeoff after we pushed back from Gate D38 despite this delay, thus taxiing past this AA 777-200 that you see in the background parked at the gate as it heads to Los Angeles ๐ŸŒด๐ŸŽฅ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

Entered RWY 26L about to turn left to line up before our takeoff roll out of MIA

And lift off RWY 26L out of MIA, off we go back to St. Louis, Missouri ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ. Bye bye Miami ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐ŸŒด๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ.

Banking to our right as we head northwest after takeoff as we flew over Doral ๐ŸŒด๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ, with the MIA airport in the background

Reached our cruising altitude and cruising at FL360 over Southern tip of Georgia ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ as Biscoff Cookies ๐Ÿช and colored bag AA Mini Pretzels ๐Ÿฅจ and choice of beverages ๐Ÿฅค were served plus our snacks that we bought at the airport. I got the blue bag mini pretzels ๐Ÿฅจ that says LAX and my Aunty got the green bag mini pretzels ๐Ÿฅจ that says PHX. This time, I got Apple Juice ๐Ÿงƒ and she got water ๐Ÿ’ง and she didnโ€™t want non of her snacks. So gave them to me and ate them. Also, listened to music ๐ŸŽถ throughout the flight and went to the bathroom in the lavatory after drinking that Apple Juice ๐Ÿงƒ. I also chewed bubble gum throughout the remaining flight.

On our descent phase, in preparation for landing as we get near STL airport with that in sight, aiming for RWY 11. Weโ€™re almost home.

Here we are on short final RWY 11 before touchdown at STL airport

And weโ€™re back in STL after weโ€™ve just landed. And now weโ€™re crossing RWY 6 before we taxi to our arrival gate which is Gate C12

And here we are at Gate C12 STL airport after we deplaned the aircraft. Weโ€™re now heading to baggage claim ๐Ÿ›„ before we exit the airport and call Uncle Offiong to pick us up from airport and take us home.

And that concludes our Spring Break 2024 trip to Jamaica ๐Ÿ‡ฏ๐Ÿ‡ฒ. I hope you enjoyed my trip to Jamaica and back even though it wasnโ€™t that great, but least we did something in Jamaica instead of us just being stuck in that hotel ๐Ÿจ throughout that whole vacation, having nothing to do. Therefore, our Spring Break vacation as okay and that wraps up our Spring Break vacation. We will be traveling to Miami ๐ŸŒด๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ and Nigeria ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฌ hopefully in the summer time. So stay tuned for that and be safe and have a blessed day

7 Likes

Great photos and nicely written trip report!

1 Like

Wooo part 2 was looking forward to this