Spotting this evening @ NZCH

Good bit of variety this evening. ATR’s to 78’s

34 Likes

Awesome pictures @D_Gee

1 Like

Nice and sharp pictures. What camera did you use along with which lens?

1 Like

Canon 750 D / T6i & EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM

3 Likes

Very cool shots! Please go spotting more often ;)

1 Like

I’m definitely a fan of the China Southern 787! I love the designs on the side and the tail!!!

1 Like

I just wish I could see those types of planes at KIAD.

It certainly is a nice livery, Much better than the China Airlines one I spotted anyway.

With a quick google search it looks like KIAD gets a fair bit of Intl traffic? Would love to get some more intl’s here :p

I love heading to Christchurch to spot, it has heaps of great places to see aircraft easily too

1 Like

Was better when there was still an observation deck :/ Now ya end up having to go to the other side of the field to get shots that are lit well etc.

Got any favorite spotting locations there?

Yeah, I only made it up on the observation deck once or twice when I was younger (So I hardly remember it) I wish there was still something like that there.

I like the Aero Club balcony and the end of Jessons Road. I’ve also heard that there is a hill at the end of Harewood road that gets some good morning shots when using 20 for arrivals

2 Likes

Gotcha, Haven’t tried the aeroclub yet, Feels a little odd just turning up on the clubs balcony lol

Haven’t tried the spot on Harewood either, I tend to just go down pound road to catch 02 arrivals

1 Like

That’s what I usually do too, the guys at the aero club are chill about people heading up on the balcony

1 Like

D_Gee, when did you go spotting at Christchurch? And do you have any more pics?

Apparently Singapore sends a 777 to Christchurch and I wanted to know if you saw it.

Any more angles of the CS 787

Took these ones on Friday and yea they do they send two. Leaving soon to go spot them today.

@Stmaarten1778 Think I’ve found a spot to get some head on shots. Going to try it out today ::p

1 Like

Wow those pictures are stunning! The ATR looks so nice.

2 Likes

Awesome to hear that! Have a good time!

1 Like

Singapore Airlines brings in a 777-200ER into Christchurch year round with an extra 777-200ER twice a week during our summer

2 Likes