Spotting SXM | FEB 2019

Welcome to my first spotting topic on IFC!

Two Weeks ago, I visited the island of Sint Maarten (SXM/TNCM) for my yearly family vacation there. This year’s vacation was even better then usual though as not only did I make many new friends, but for Christmas I received a Canon EOS Rebel T6 and two awesome lenses & no better place to test them out than at SXM itself :)

Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T6
Lenses: Canon EF 18-55mm & Canon EF 75-300mm

JetPhotos Account

Let’s Get Into Things!

1.) First up we have a Air Canada B737 MAX-8’s (C-FSES) from Toronto.

2.) Here’s Trans Anguilla Airway’s Britten-Norman BN-2B-21 Islander (VP-AEW) from Anguilla.

3.) St. Maarten is very known for the immense amount of corporate charter traffic. Just like this Dassault-Falcon 7X (M-FALC) coming in.

4.) Following that we have a Gulfstream IV (N722NK) ready to takeoff on its way back up to the states.

5.) When aircraft takeoff from Runway 10, they end up burning a lot of fuel while going over the mountain. So when aircraft get the chance, its more efficient and cheaper for them to takeoff from Runway 28 and takeoff over the beach. Just like this American B737-800 (N940AN) did while on it’s way to Philadelphia!

6.) Who doesn’t love when a yellow Cessna 208B Grand Caravan flying over your head?! Here’s DHL’s C208B (N965HL)

7.) There’s nothing that feel’s more Caribbean like then a Manna Ray on the tail of a Seaborne Saab 340 (N336SA).

8.) This Piper PA-46 (PR-SFG) getting ready to take off to head down to South America. Always awesome to see propeller GA aircraft on the island.

9.) Close Up of this Winair DHC-6-300 Twin Otter (PJ-WIP) as it prepares to do a quick charter to the nearby island of St. Barths (SBH/TFFJ). Winair is owned by the Sint Maarten Government and has their FOB at SXM. They operate a total of 4 Twin Otters and lease 3 aircraft in the ATR Family from Air Antilles.

10.) Close up on N722NK (The Gulfstream IV)! Isn’t this a beautiful aircraft!?

image2

I’ll Be Back In May With More From SXM :)

PM Me If You Want To See Any Other Shots That I Took Over My Vacation

Huge Thanks to @Moritz @xxFuryxx and @matt737 for helping me learn photography and help with the edits <3

90 Likes

You’ve out done yourself! Shiny shiny planes!🤩

6 Likes

Nice photos. I like that American 738 photo.

4 Likes

Nice work, Jack. Glad to finally see this topic up. 🙌🏾

2 Likes

I’ve been looking forward to this. Nice shots! Great work. :)

1 Like

Finally ive been waiting

1 Like

Great pictures!

1 Like

Nice set of shots! That AA 738 is sweeeeeet

2 Likes

Looking great! You’ve taken some nice photos! Can’t wait to see more photos from ya! 😄

1 Like

WOW! These are incredible! I think the American 737 is probably one of my favorite photos I’ve EVER seen! I LOVE IT! Great job and keep it up!

Like I seriously could stare at it for days. Actually I think it’s my favorite spotting photo ever, I said it😂

1 Like

Yay balloon! Lovely spotting for your first time. It beats me.

1 Like

The 1st Gulfstream picture is stunning!

1 Like

Wow, Thats amazing!

1 Like

Well, these pictures are good, no wait, they are absolutely AMAZING!!! Well done! I love these pictures. Good job @Balloonchaser!

1 Like

Great Job 🎈

Absolutely LOVE that AA 738 shot!

2 Likes

Beautiful photos Balloon ♥️ May I ask what photo editing software do you use?

2 Likes

Photos were edited with Lightroom and Photoshop

3 Likes

How is this your first ever spotting topic? These shots are incredible! Great work JackBot.

2 Likes

These photos are sharper than I can see with my naked eyes 😍

2 Likes

Thank’s for the support guys! Maybe I can do more of these between now and May… Only time will tell :)

3 Likes